Author Topic: Jetways missing  (Read 2341 times)

atrcaptainjohn

Jetways missing
« on: February 08, 2021, 06:38:07 pm »
In my default scenery all my default jetways are missing.  I have GSX, but not the level 2.  How can I get them turned back on?  This is on every default airport I have flown into, as well as many freeware scenery packs that I have.  In fact, I have only flown into 1 airport that actually had jetways.  Is there a setting in GSX that I can use to turn them back on?  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways missing
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 11:33:48 am »
Quoting from GSX manual, Page 4:

Installing GSX will result in all default jetway models to be replaced. If GSX Level 2 is in Trial, the replaced Jetways will work ONLY at the Trial airports. If want to go back to the default jetway models, you can use the Control Panel to restore them.

atrcaptainjohn

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 02:47:52 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I saw that.  But they have not been replaced, they are gone.  And in the control panel I have it set to not allow GSX to control jetways.  FWIW I am using P3D v4.5.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 03:25:14 pm by virtuali »

atrcaptainjohn

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 03:25:02 pm »
I tried to go back into the setting and ensure that it was still selected that Default Jetways were to be used and now I can't even find the setting.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 03:25:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I saw that.  But they have not been replaced, they are gone.  And in the control panel I have it set to not allow GSX to control jetways.  FWIW I am using P3D v4.5.

Please clarify what do you mean with "the control panel I have it set to not allow GSX to control jetways". Do you mean the buttons to restore jetways are not active ?

atrcaptainjohn

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 05:05:49 pm »
I finally found it in the Level 2 control panel, which I figured was irrelevant since I don't own level 2.  However, I had the "Default Jetways are enabled" option selected, and all the default jetways disappeared.  I then set it to "Default Jetways disabled by GSX" and they re-appeared, however I can't control them with CTRL-J.  When I try to set it have to "Default Jetways are enabled" they disappear again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 05:30:21 pm »
Do you have your scenery complexity high enough ? default jetways in default scenery don't appear at all complexity settings.

atrcaptainjohn

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 10:15:09 pm »
Do you have your scenery complexity high enough ? default jetways in default scenery don't appear at all complexity settings.

That was it, thank you.  This was after a new install and I forgot to set the scenery density to very dense.  Kind of feel stupid now :)  Thanks again.