Author Topic: License key  (Read 6555 times)

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
License key
« on: February 02, 2021, 12:10:19 am »
Trying to register my products after a hard disk replacement.

Products installed in "trial" mode. When I enter my key... always get this error:

Esellerant ERROR:code 0x80004005
Unknown error code.
Trying to activate GSX ...

Obviously, that company is closed now.   

Please advise how I can now get my items activated.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: License key
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 02:58:41 am »
Captain Kevin

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 03:38:11 pm »
Still getting the activation error.

I checked RegEdit... trying to find the embedded code from the defunct company... no go.  Probably tied to one of my other drives.

Any other ideas?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 03:42:32 pm »
The e-mail license keys option should give you the new license keys since they were all transferred over. But did you purchase GSX from FSDreamteam or another website. Also check to make sure you're activating the right version of GSX. There is GSX Level 1 and GSX Level 2, both have separate activation keys since they're two separate products.
Captain Kevin

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 09:33:43 pm »
I purchased directly. And yes I am aware of the different versions, etc.  I also have several other items.   None of these work.  I did get my new id's and used the new system and attempt to activate... same error on all.  

I believe my issue is that the BLOCKING code from the old activation process... STILL resides on one of my hard drives... since I had a hardware failure and had to replace my original C:/ Drive.   I do see a new registry entry from reinstalling the products again... HOWEVER ... it will not let me add anything to them ...

It is the blocking one that is actually overriding the new system of activation and STILL blocking any attempt to activate the new id's.  Unfortunately, I have NOT been able to locate that hidden file on any of my hard drives... (I have 6 Drives)

NOTE:  I was finally able to enter ids via RegEdit... for each product. When I booted up P3D.. it asked if I wanted to add the items.. which I did... After I added them it immediately gave me... 4 popup Error codes *the blocker for Each.   So... I need to find where that blocker lives ... IF anyone knows, Please.

In the meantime...I'm going to completely delete all the Items and remove all traces of all my addons..  GSX, GSX2, Dal-Ftw, and NY v2.   I will then redownload them again from FSDT... and re-install... and attempt to activate again... with the new ID's.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:00:38 pm by SandPro »

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 10:08:17 pm »
Another roadblock...   Without the standalone Addon Manager, I cannot download again without purchasing again...   When I try using the FSDT Live updater to get the latest version... I get a DIFFERENT Error preventing the update.   

----

The Enigma Protector

Internal Protection Error, please contact to author!

----

YO, AURTHOR.... let this serve as a "contact."  <--- (Dry Humor here- LOL)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 10:24:58 am »
Without the standalone Addon Manager, I cannot download again without purchasing again..

I'm not sure how you could possibly understand that, considering:

- The stand-alone Addon Manager ( as clearly indicated on each and every page of our site ) is NO LONGER REQUIRED in FSX/P3D. The one and only reason for it to exists was to update the software without downloading the full installers again, and this is something that the Live Update does now, since several years.

- You said you can't "download without purchasing again". How, exactly ? All downloads for FSX/P3D are always freely available on the Download page, you only need to reactivate them using your key.

Also, if you see any strange errors ( especially the last one ), the fault is ALWAYS the antivirus:

- Configure the antivirus to add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder to its Exclusions list.

- Be sure your firewall is not blocking the FSDT Live Update from downloading.

- Download all the installers you need , which will automatically do a Live Update at the end.

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 05:47:51 pm »
Thks again for your reply,

Let me take this down to the bottom line. 

Screenshot of the settings I have had during the process of reinstalling GSX.  It is stopping at the end of the install/update with the error (red down error.)

I have completely deleted ANY/ALL traces of each produce via IOBIT uninstaller... which does wipe all traces of the software.  Apparently, the blocker used by the previous activation is hidden and still resided (I assume) somewhere on one of my 6 drives. I can only assume the uninstalled did not have access to the blocking software code which is still active and not allowing completing the processes. I can also assume this is hidden in a long key folder... which I cannot identify. The new way of activating the products is also giving me that same error.  I have received new IDs (that should bypass that blocker file) and attempted to register off of the Trial Mode.  I am always receiving the indicated error.  In both the activating process via addon manager AND also the UPDATER.

At this point, I am totally stumped. This is an unusual situation due to a hard drive failure/replacement and reinstallation of everything.  I am a 76yr old retired PC tech (even before Windows) and started flight simming on Floppies. All of this is NOT new to me... and purchased the products pretty much the 1st day they came out. Having said that... I AM OLD... and maybe missing something simple... just looking for a possible clue to resolve this issue. 

I greatly appreciate your taking the time to help me out.

Tks,
SandPro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 06:10:02 pm »
Screenshot of the settings I have had during the process of reinstalling GSX.  It is stopping at the end of the install/update with the error (red down error.)

In your screenshot, I see you use Malwarebytes. Are you sure there aren't other settings that might interfere ? The "Enigma protection errors" is 100% caused by the antivirus, no questions about it and nothing will work if you can't fix that.

Are you able to disable the antivirus entirely and see if the error goes away ?