Author Topic: Passengers and private jets/turboprops  (Read 2694 times)

tgycgijoes

Passengers and private jets/turboprops
« on: January 27, 2021, 09:30:32 pm »
I have GSX V2 and like it very much.  Used it with 737's and 195's.  Now I am not flying the big stuff anymore.  I have a Gulfstream I downloaded online.
Problem:  I saw where the default FSX Lear 45 is supported.  It works except for the fact that the passengers protrude out the top of the aircraft, I left the stair go up even though it has embedded stairs to see if it works and it does. My Gulfstream is custom configured by me in GSX and saved with embedded stairs.  I have two different versions of it and neither one has VISIBLE passengers.  Just busses picking up and dropping off.  Doors open they sit for a little while and depart.  Never saw a soul.  I configured both of them in GSX why no passengers?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers and private jets/turboprops
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 04:58:27 pm »
If passengers works in the default Learjet, the only possible explanation is something you missed doing your custom configuration for that Gulfstream. Check if all doors are set correctly.

tgycgijoes

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 06:13:06 pm »
I thought that I saw somewhere that if GSX2 doesn't bring up stairs no passengers visible.  Is this true and if so do I need to NOT have embedded stairs checked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 11:51:05 am »
I thought that I saw somewhere that if GSX2 doesn't bring up stairs no passengers visible.  Is this true and if so do I need to NOT have embedded stairs checked.

Not exactly. GSX won't show passengers if you don't have a main exit defined, because it assumes the plane has no doors.

So, even if you are planning to use the Embedded stair option, which will disable GSX stairs vehicle, you must still have a main door, properly defined, with it's correct position AS IF you were going to use GSX stairs, which will be then overridden by the Embedded stair option.

tgycgijoes

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 02:35:48 pm »
I thought that I had it properly defined but I will check it again by unchecking the embedded stair option because GSX put stairs at the Lear Jet that was unchecked and if I have it properly defined I should get stairs and passengers.  Thank you.

tgycgijoes

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 03:50:39 pm »
YAY it works resetting the door.  I didn't read in the manual that I had to press the SLEW "Y" key to save and exit the custom airplane module.  NOW though I read the manual but can't figure out where to enter the L variable for number of crew.  The Gulfstream has 3 crew not 6.  I read that 6 (pilot, copilot and 4 cabin attendants) is the default value and entering an L variable with the number of crew changes that BUT where does that go.  I looked in the %appdata but could not find anywhere.  Somehow in the past I specified that I want to set the number of passengers and I get the green bar to do that but I'm lost on crew.  Please help and thank you for helping with the door.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 10:33:26 am »
You can't set the crew number yourself, that variable is there for airplane developers to set it from their code.

tgycgijoes

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 03:10:40 pm »
I think that we should be able to set the crew just like we can set the passengers.  Getting 4 flight attendants on a Gulfstream looks dumb.  Any chance to update that in the near future?  Since this Gulfstream is freeware NOT payware, where would L variable to reset the crew for it be added.  I know the developer of the model.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 03:12:43 pm by tgycgijoes »