Author Topic: PMDG with GSX2 questions  (Read 1996 times)

trisho0

PMDG with GSX2 questions
« on: January 10, 2021, 06:36:55 am »
I loaded PMDG 737-700 in SCDA Airport Gate 3 which has a jetway. Brakes activated, engines shutdown, open doors 1 and 2 and Cargo. Called GSX Ground Services and selected jetways to activate. Jetways docked well as it should. Then from GSX ground services I requested Boarding. So, passengers started boarding to the door 1 according to a message. From the door 2 I never saw passengers boarding and even no Bus arrived. Is it how the GSX is designed? Or, am I doing something wrong? This happens on any Departure airport. Same thing happens on Arrival airport. Only time I see a Bus arriving and passengers walking to doors 1 and 2 is when on parking gate has no working jetways. This occurs in FSX and also in P3Dv4.5
Patricio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: PMDG with GSX2 questions
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 02:10:25 pm »
If you're using jetways, they will only board through the jetway. Door 2 on a 737 only has stairs. The only way you'll get boarding via both doors on the 737 is via stairs.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 04:28:46 pm »
If you're using jetways, they will only board through the jetway. Door 2 on a 737 only has stairs. The only way you'll get boarding via both doors on the 737 is via stairs.
Good to see you again Kevin and thanks for your help. I learned now how to handle GSX with PMDG 737. OK, so FSDT needs to change that. It doesn't make any sense PAX going IN/OUT via jetway and GSX inject a stair to Door 2 for nothing. Next time I am going to leave the Door 2, tight closed (lol).
Patricio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 08:58:40 pm »
Good to see you again Kevin and thanks for your help. I learned now how to handle GSX with PMDG 737. OK, so FSDT needs to change that. It doesn't make any sense PAX going IN/OUT via jetway and GSX inject a stair to Door 2 for nothing. Next time I am going to leave the Door 2, tight closed (lol).
As far as I know, they have the stairs at that door because that's apparently where the cleaning crew would board the aircraft. I'm guessing this is a European thing because I have never seen this in the United States, so I usually just disable the stairs anyway, so they don't show up at all. If you don't like the stairs showing up, you can edit the parking to disable them.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 04:38:02 am »
Another question: At night time the inside of the Jetway is dark even I can see PAX briefly walking but too dark. My Passengers claiming (lol). Is it possible to get illumination inside the jetways at Dusk and Night time?
Patricio  

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:40:18 am by trisho0 »