FS9 support > Geneva FS9

Geneva LSGG huge latency loading the scenery

<< < (2/3) > >>

Agios:

--- Quote from: virtuali on January 09, 2021, 02:30:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: Agios on January 07, 2021, 04:59:51 pm ---Please, can you be more speciefic? I didnt change anything in FS9.exe
--- End quote ---

Sometimes Windows changes that setting automatically, especially after a crash, trying to "help" you running better. Right-click on FS9.EXE, and be sure nothing is enabled in the "Compatibility" tab of the file Properties.

--- End quote ---

I noticed something else! I always fly with 50% zoom! If I fly with 100% zoom then buildings apear earlier, not so late like 50% zoom! But is the ONLY ONE scenery that has this problem! Ofcourse is better to fly with 50% zoom to have wider view and more crispe textures! What we can do for that? Please!!!

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Agios on January 10, 2021, 02:08:46 pm ---I noticed something else! I always fly with 50% zoom! If I fly with 100% zoom then buildings apear earlier, not so late like 50% zoom! But is the ONLY ONE scenery that has this problem
--- End quote ---

This is not "a problem". This is called LOD and, fact this is the "only one" scenery that has this "problem" ( which is not a problem ), it's because not many sceneries use LOD to optimize fps, because it takes extra effort to do it so, most developers simply don't bother.

LOD is dependent on a combination of your screen resolution and your zoom setting so, the less resolution you have, the earlier the objects will disappear, since the values are calculated from the size of an object in Pixel on your screen, not its distance from the observer.

--- Quote --- Of course is better to fly with 50% zoom to have wider view and more crispe textures!
--- End quote ---

Of course not. Using wider zoom to increase the resolution it's just wrong, the proper way to get sharper textures is to use Anisotropic filtering and, by flying at 50% zoom, you are altering the perspective and the relationship between far/close objects.

It's commonly accepted that, in FS9 or FSX, the most realistic zoom that matches what you would see in a real cockpit without altering the real perspective it's around 70-75%, so we usually optimized our sceneries for that.

Agios:
I try to change some LOD setting to FS9.cfg but nothing changed! The problem starts at 93% zoom... Too sad for a nice scenery like this!

agent00729:
I’m also having this same issue! I have all the fs9 sceneries except LAX, and this is the only one with this issue. The buildings don’t appear and are all flat black squares on the ground until you get close. Any way to fix this?

trisho0:
I installed LSGG in FS2004 (fs9). Launched to LSGG Geneva and the fs9 doesn't load the scenery at all. I have to kill the sim. Default LSGG is OK.
Is there something I can give a try in Windows 10?
Patricio Valdes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version