Author Topic: P3Dv5 crash every flight due to GSX **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**  (Read 1999 times)

dlh716

Hi there,
I recently bought GSX and GSX Level 2 for my Prepar3D v5.0.
However, since I installed it, at each flight, my simulator is crashing at the end of the flight, either when I press Ctrl+F12 to choose my arrival gate when taxiing, or when I ask for Deboarding.
My Prepar3D displays a black screen for a few seconds and then it crashes without any message.
When I go inside the Event viewer, I always see the same error :

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 5.0.24.34874, horodatage : 0x5eab3677
Nom du module défaillant : VCRUNTIME140.dll, version : 14.28.29325.2, horodatage : 0x5f6d82df
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000000137b
ID du processus défaillant : 0x4b44
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d6e1df018e1138
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
ID de rapport : 26c8c83e-cb4b-4642-83a6-c813081eb41d
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

It's always VCRUNTIME140.dll which is crashing.
I tried to realize a flight without GSX (I disabled it inside the Add-ons options of Prepar3D) and then, for the really first time since I installed GSX, my simulator didn't crash.
It isn't written explicitly that the problem comes from GSX but after some research, I saw that several other people had the error with VCRUNTIME140.dll with GSX and strangely, my sim is just crashing each time when I ask for GSX...
PS: I always use the same add-ons on my sim: FlightSimLabs A320, Activesky for P3Dv5, IVAO Altitude, ORBX and a few sceneries (I have this problem at every airport I fly to, even if airports without scenery).
Also, just in case, I installed the last drivers of my graphic card, I updated all the Microsoft Visual C++ software and I installed also the last ones (2015-2019 and 2019); all these measures were advised on several forums.
Thanks in advance for your understanding, your answer and your help.
Kind regards,
Yann
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:03:33 pm by dlh716 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv5 crash every flight due to GSX **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 11:52:15 am »
This has been discussed so many times on the forum and, of course, it's NOT a crash caused by GSX, and it's strange you don't know that, considering you say you "did some research", since this problem has been commonly acknowledged to affect EVERY 3rd party application that use the Simconnect menu, and it has been confirmed many times that can happen even by opening the DEFAULT ATC menu, on a clean install, without GSX installed.

Of course, considering how popular and useful GSX is, some users might have been easily mislead GSX is the "cause" of this crash, but that's just because they use GSX a lot, because the crash is not immediate: it takes some time and several tries to get the crash but, again, it can happen with any other application using the Simconnect menu.

It's a known bug of P3D 5.0, but it HAS been fixed in the latest 5.1 Hotfix.

You said you bought GSX to use it in your Prepar3d V5.1 but, from your error log, I can see you are STILL running 5.0:

Prepar3D.exe, version : 5.0.24.34874

The latest P3D version, as of today, is 5.1.12.26829, so you should update and the crash will surely go away.

dlh716

Re: P3Dv5 crash every flight due to GSX **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 04:12:21 pm »
You said you bought GSX to use it in your Prepar3d V5.1
Right that’s my fault. Actually, I reinstalled Prepar3D v5 a few weeks ago and I reinstalled the v5.0, even if I had the v5.1 before so I thought I had Prepar3D v5.1. But yes I have Prepar3D v5.0 now.

it's strange you don't know that, considering you say you "did some research", since this problem has been commonly acknowledged to affect EVERY 3rd party application that use the Simconnect menu, and it has been confirmed many times that can happen even by opening the DEFAULT ATC menu, on a clean install, without GSX installed.
I did some but for myself the Default ATC and the SODE menu doesn’t crashed, contrary to GSX. Moreover, I thought that I installed Prepar3D v5.1 so I thought that these problems were already resolved.

It's a known bug of P3D 5.0, but it HAS been fixed in the latest 5.1 Hotfix.
The latest P3D version, as of today, is 5.1.12.26829, so you should update and the crash will surely go away.

Roger, thanks for your answer and your help. I will reinstall Prepar3D v5.1 and install the v5.1.12.26829 version. I hope the problem will be solved after that.