Author Topic: Jetway Replacement from IK model  (Read 1672 times)

MD-82

Jetway Replacement from IK model
« on: January 11, 2021, 10:05:31 pm »
Hello,

I thought I remember when Level 2 just started, that you could use the original IK jetway model in your new GSX jetway. And that on top of that, you could use the GSX database of jetways. However I don't see if/how that can be done. So my question is, is it possible to switch from CRTL-J to GSX logic, whils keeping the original jetway model?

Cheers...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway Replacement from IK model
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 07:37:19 am »
Installing GSX replaces the original jetway model ( the one used by DEFAULT airports ) with a GSX/SODE version, which means all default airports will have their jetways automatically upgraded to GSX.

However, any 3rd party scenery that used CTRL+J jetways with a custom model wouldn't be affected in any way, until you to through the process of creating an Exclude file and customize the scenery with GSX.

If you want to restore the original model, so *default* airports will go back to the CTRL+J logic, you use the GSX Control Panel to Restore default jetways.

It's impossible to keep the GSX logic with the default model active, since in order to use GSX, a jetway must follow the SODE standard. However, it seems strange you would want to achieve this, considering the model GSX use to replace the default model it's perfectly compatible in size with the original one ( so it will fit the default airports as the original one ), just looking much better.

3rd party sceneries will always be unaffected by any of this so, I'm not sure why you'd want to do it, the option to restore default jetways is there mostly for one situation: you installed GSX, but are not interested in the Level 2 features but, since L2 works only in Trial airports unless it's purchased, if you don't want L2 features, with the Restore option you can restore the default jetways at default airports to their original function, since by default, after installing GSX, unless L2 is purchased, default jetways at default airports outside the Trial ones would become static.

MD-82

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 10:47:49 am »
Umberto,

all clear. Thank you.

The reason is that in some airports, they have the jetway modeled together with any logo's or other non standard setup which comes with that particular airport. And I wanted to check if that was possible to upgrade the movement logic, but keep the jetway itself as close to the airport as designed.

Cheers !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 03:37:53 pm »
in some airports, they have the jetway modeled together with any logo's or other non standard setup which comes with that particular airport. And I wanted to check if that was possible to upgrade the movement logic, but keep the jetway itself as close to the airport as designed.

Ok, now's clear. No, it's not possible to do that, since in order to make a jetway working with SODE/GSX, it must be made like that from the developer, your only option in this case is to find a model in GSX that resembles the original one as close as possible, and use a custom Logo ( only in P3D 4.4/4.5 ).