Author Topic: 0-pax-flight: Unboarded passengers deboarding  (Read 3049 times)

disco79stu

0-pax-flight: Unboarded passengers deboarding
« on: January 04, 2021, 11:11:35 pm »
So when I start a flight with no passengers and no cargo (i.e. training flight) and I call for de-boarding after returning to the stand, GSX suddenly unloads baggage and passengers start to de-board & walk out of the airplane to the bus.
Any reason for this? Shouldn't it just refrain from sending belts or passenger busses? Where are the people coming from?

https://i.imgur.com/Og4YiyF.jpg

BR
Stu
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 11:34:04 am by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: 0-pax-flight: Unboarded passengers deboarding
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 05:09:41 am »
Stupid question, but why would you even call for deboarding in the first place knowing you were already empty.
Captain Kevin

disco79stu

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 05:34:28 am »
Stupid question, but why would you even call for deboarding in the first place knowing you were already empty.

Good question actually. :)
Well, the FSLabs will do that automatically as soon as you switch off the beacon. So if you return with an empty plane, it will still trigger deboarding. But since there are no passengers on board, I wonder why GSX makes some up. It usually deboards the correct amount that were on board, but maybe just can’t handle “0”?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 11:36:07 am »
When GSX is under control of a 3rd party airplane, it relies on that plane to set the number of passenger correctly. I *think* there's some code in FS Labs to always set the GSX passenger number at 20 minimum, to prevent the small Van to be seen, and always get the Bus, which comes when the passenger number is at least 20.

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 12:28:27 pm »
Thanks Umberto, I forwarded this, Andrew is looking into it.

trisho0

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 06:14:04 am »
Agree, a well known as no passengers on board then don't ask for deboarding, no sense. Better ask for boarding.
Patricio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 07:46:41 am »
Agree, a well known as no passengers on board then don't ask for deboarding, no sense. Better ask for boarding.
To be fair, I had no idea the FSLabs did this automatically.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 11:01:40 pm »
Hello My Captain, I think you meant FSDT instead of FSLabs.
Happy New Year 2021
Patricio

pete_auau

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 02:18:17 am »
Happy New Year 2021
Patricio

Actually its  fslabs  thats  does  it  automatically  once  you press  the  mnt  call button on the  overhead  panel  it triggers  gsx

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 03:51:47 am »
Negative, sir, I did mean FSLabs since he said the FSLabs calls for deboarding automatically via GSX when I asked why he even called for deboarding in the first place. I don't own any FSLabs aircraft, so I don't know how they integrate GSX into their planes other than just knowing that they do.
Captain Kevin

disco79stu

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 12:08:31 pm »
There are a bunch of GSX actions that get triggered by various things you do in the FSLabs Cockpit. You can call for pushback with the intercom switch (something you would actually use IRL) or the GPU with the mechanic horn.
In my described issue (of course I wouldnt call for de-boarding without passengers) the de-boarding gets auto triggered by switching off the beacon. There is currently nothing to prevent this, but FSL is considering to implement an option to do those things manually again.