Author Topic: GSX Customize Menu stuck & Ground Handling not adaptable  (Read 8423 times)

Alpolex

Re: GSX Customize Menu stuck & Ground Handling not adaptable
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2021, 05:28:14 pm »
Good Afternoon,

thank you for your reply.
One of the issues I was hinting happened to me right now again. Parking at Gate A4 after a flight from FRA to KEF on the FSL A321, the boarding process was iniated automatically after switching of the engines and beacon light as well as setting the parking brake.
While passengers were deboarding, I've loaded the flightplan via the ATSU and requested fuel via the OFP data page.

https://i.imgur.com/gCkSi0U.png

The fuel truck is shown as requested, but nothing happens. That's a usual behaviour. Another glitch in the matrix?

EDIT: And then, GSX crashed...

Best Regards,
Alexander

« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 03:14:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 03:16:16 pm »
What you are reporting is GSX being driven by the FS Labs code so, the first thing to try is check with another airplane, one that doesn't drive GSX by itself, and report back.

Alpolex

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 05:33:54 pm »
There is no other aircraft offering this kind of service.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 05:48:48 pm »
There is no other aircraft offering this kind of service.

That's precisely my point, to understand if the problem is in GSX, on in the extra logic coded by the airplane that offers that service, the only possible way to know that, is to test with an airplane that doesn't do that so, what you will see it's just GSX on its own.

Alpolex

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2021, 06:41:56 pm »
Besides this, when requesting Pushback, why are there some sceneries removing the Jetway before pushback whereas some others do not remove the Jetway prior Pushback?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2021, 06:46:19 pm »
Besides this, when requesting Pushback, why are there some sceneries removing the Jetway before pushback whereas some others do not remove the Jetway prior Pushback?

What do you mean with "sceneries that removes the jetway" ?

The scenery never undock ( if this is what you meant with "remove" ) the jetway on its own. If the jetway is made with SODE, you either undock it manually or, if you ask for pushback and you forgot to undock some jetways, GSX will undock automatically all the ones which are still undocked. And again, this is valid only if the scenery comes with SODE jetways, either provided by GSX, or by the scenery itself.

If the scenery is not SODE, GSX won't touch it.

Alpolex

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2021, 02:54:51 pm »
https://i.imgur.com/HRCqStQ.png

Aerosoft Frankfurt Mega Airport with natively provided SODE Jetways.
Only one of many examples where Jetways do not undock automatically when requesting pushback.

Is there a reason why it's not working?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 10:13:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2021, 10:14:04 pm »
Is there a reason why it's not working?

It should work. Please check if it does with native GSX jetways instead.

Alpolex

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 05:46:48 pm »
It is.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2021, 10:48:30 am »
Ok, so it's only happening with 3rd party SODE jetways, we'll check it.  In the meantime, just undock jetways manually.

However, it's not clear exactly what your problem is, because the subject of this thread is "customize menu stuck and ground handling not adaptable", while in fact it seems the only problem you are really having is that 3rd party SODE jetways are not undocked automatically if they are still attached when you start the next activity.

Alpolex

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2021, 04:03:42 pm »
Ok, so it's only happening with 3rd party SODE jetways, we'll check it.  In the meantime, just undock jetways manually.

Thank you for checking it. Automatically undocking Jetways via requesting Pushback does only work on 50% of requests.
I have checked it on several airports and couldn't verify that it's a certain add-on causing this problem.

However, it's not clear exactly what your problem is, because the subject of this thread is "customize menu stuck and ground handling not adaptable", while in fact it seems the only problem you are really having is that 3rd party SODE jetways are not undocked automatically if they are still attached when you start the next activity.

Open Questions:

• The above mentioned problem of the ATSU flow management (fuel truck not arriving) was forwarded directly to FSLabs
  • Why are the custom textures after months of implementation of DX12 not available?
  • Why are GSX vehicles still interfering each other? (rear stairs removing automatically when fuel truck is arriving - same on the right-hand side with cargo loaders
  • Why do cargo loaders open the cargo (de-boarding) doors during the turn-around, close them, back-off from the aircraft and re-join the aircraft to open the cargo doors again while boarding? Could you just apply, like in real-life, a continious development of those vehicles onto the aircraft?

Hopefully this will sum-up just a few of the open questions.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2021, 04:39:56 pm »
Why are the custom textures after months of implementation of DX12 not available?
See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25040.msg165304.html#msg165304
Why do cargo loaders open the cargo (de-boarding) doors during the turn-around, close them, back-off from the aircraft and re-join the aircraft to open the cargo doors again while boarding? Could you just apply, like in real-life, a continious development of those vehicles onto the aircraft?
As far as I know, it's to prevent the vehicles from colliding into each other since they aren't aware of other vehicles around them.
Captain Kevin

Alpolex

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2021, 10:42:30 pm »
By the way, forgot about this:

Could you please apply a verification question onto the "Warp" function? (Would you really like to warp to this position?)

Killed my last flight.

As far as I know, it's to prevent the vehicles from colliding into each other since they aren't aware of other vehicles around them.

GSX or real-life?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2021, 12:00:08 am »
GSX or real-life?
GSX, of course. I would certainly hope that in real life, the operators of the vehicles are aware of their surroundings.
Captain Kevin