Author Topic: GSX Customize Menu stuck & Ground Handling not adaptable  (Read 8424 times)

Alpolex

GSX Customize Menu stuck & Ground Handling not adaptable
« on: January 01, 2021, 12:34:54 pm »
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

having especially Frankfurt adapated with a new GSX.ini I have noticed several issues.

1.When selecting Handling and Catering textures and layout's, the Configurator does not recognize this change. Only selecting a different wingspan allows me to enable and push the "apply" button.

2. Handling and Catering textures are not changed accordingly. When selecting FRAPORT, SWISSPORT or whatever ground handler, ony standard textures are shown.

Could you please explain me how to resolve this situation?

Best Regards,
Alexander

Alpolex

Re: GSX Customize Menu stuck & Ground Handling not adaptable
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 05:02:31 pm »
Any feedback?

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 06:04:24 pm »
Logo variations aren't in the V5 version of GSX right now because the switch to DX12 has forced FSDT to find a different way to do them. So, it's to be expected that your GSE is using generic white textures.

Alpolex

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 06:25:41 pm »
Don't get this wrong, but I have paid around 90 bucks for this add-on, and for sure, I do like it.
However, from my payment raises a certain expectation, especially when a certain feature which is incorporated is not available anymore out of the sudden.

Easy user-customization of vehicles, using the provided Paint Kit
Directly from SimMarket

Just a few erros which occur currently and reproducable:

• GPU does not arrive during turn-arounds (only occasionally)
  • Ground Handling / Catering not adjustable at the moment
  • GSX menu is stuck during SimConnect issues during turn-arounds
  • NLG tug (the one without tow bar) still triggers the Ramp Agent to "pump up" the tow bar
  • Fuel Truck is stuck even when refueling is finsihed and fuel truck has already disappeared

And those are just a few bugs. Having doors opened manually, for example the LH AFT Exit door on the A320FAM series and standing at the gate, requesting the fuel truck, blocks it.
Instead of that GSX just checks a) Door Open -> Close door b) Send Fuel Truck, it's simply stuck requiring some action from the user.
And I don't even know why a stair should block the fuel truck which is not even standing in it's area? I don't get why the logic is not changed so a fuel truck can be used on the left-hand side while passengers are boarding, like it's done on bigger major airports on a daily-basis.

GSX is a great add-on, without doubt. Especially beacuse it usually brings a lot of immersion. But at this current stage...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:31:45 pm by Alpolex »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 08:07:04 pm »
I didn't know you were running P3D V5, but in any event, P3D V4 was running DX11, which is what GSX was using for the logos. P3D V5 uses DX12, which is far different from DX11, and in many ways, unstable. I don't know how you expect them to fix it when it's already known that DX12 isn't stable. As for the fuel truck and boarding, I actually haven't had any issues with the fuel truck being on the left side and having passengers board at the same time. That said, I'm normally flying the Boeing 747-400, and I don't use stairs, so don't know if that's the issue.
Captain Kevin

Alpolex

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 08:40:01 pm »
[...]and in many ways, unstable.

Why is it unstable? And at which point can we expect the functionalities back?

I don't know how you expect them to fix it when it's already known that DX12 isn't stable.

I don't see issues with aircraft and sceneries, basically using textures as well, so I am really eager to learn why especially GSX is not able?

As for the fuel truck and boarding, I actually haven't had any issues with the fuel truck being on the left side and having passengers board at the same time. That said, I'm normally flying the Boeing 747-400, and I don't use stairs, so don't know if that's the issue.
Maybe there are no issues because the Boeing 747 is twice as long as the Airbus A320FAM series...

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 08:51:21 pm »
Why is it unstable? And at which point can we expect the functionalities back?
I'm not on development team, so I can't answer that. As for stability, here's an explanation.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23304.msg155949.html#msg155949
I don't see issues with aircraft and sceneries, basically using textures as well, so I am really eager to learn why especially GSX is not able?
See above.
Maybe there are no issues because the Boeing 747 is twice as long as the Airbus A320FAM series...
You mentioned the stairs truck, but what happens if you try to do the boarding during refueling at a jetway. Do you still have that issue.
Captain Kevin

Alpolex

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 10:31:00 pm »
I was mentioning the, as seen above, left-hand AFT door. That's the last door on the left-hand side of the fuselage of every aircraft.

Whether a jetway is connected or not (apron position for example) does not make any difference.
The problem is obviously that every vehicle has a defined clear-space which is interrupting others.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 05:08:27 am »
I was mentioning the, as seen above, left-hand AFT door. That's the last door on the left-hand side of the fuselage of every aircraft.

Whether a jetway is connected or not (apron position for example) does not make any difference.
The problem is obviously that every vehicle has a defined clear-space which is interrupting others.
Yes, I'm aware of that, I was asking if you would have the same issue in the A320 when using the jetway rather than stairs. So in other words, stairs wouldn't be there. You were saying the Boeing 747-400 is twice as long as the Airbus A320, which, whilst true, I'm not sure is relevant to the refueling whilst boarding.
Captain Kevin

Alpolex

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 07:08:24 am »
It is, as I was talking about that the fuel truck which tries go get into position, has obviously a defined clear-space area, which, especially on smaller aircraft, interacts and conflicts with zone's of other aircraft.

Long story short:
Refueling on the right-hand side leads to extremly long boarding times as the loaders start into position extremly late, which also triggers the loading trucks to start to arrive extremly late which... you know, a normal turn-around of 30-45min is not possible.
Refueling on the left-hand side usually triggers the LH AFT door stair to be removed and as well blocking the Boarding via jetway in general.
Refueling on the left-hand side AND using only stairs instead of a jetway requires both stairs to be removed on the left-hand side.

I would appreciate any solution which could be:

• Define two Refueling Areas (1x with Jetway 1x Apron Refueling with Stairs
  • Re-define the clear-space areas of the fuel truck

Besides this one bug, I would as well appreciate to have adjustable textures back and resolving other bugs like the fuel truck blocking actions like Pushback when it has already departed.
Or fix the towbarless tug which a) triggers the ramp agent to pump up the non-existing tow bar as well b) not opening the clamp before releasing the NLG...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 11:33:20 am »
Don't get this wrong, but I have paid around 90 bucks for this add-on, and for sure, I do like it.

Not sure which add-on you are referring to. A 90$ airplane that works with GSX ?

However, from my payment raises a certain expectation, especially when a certain feature which is incorporated is not available anymore out of the sudden.

Easy user-customization of vehicles, using the provided Paint Kit
Directly from SimMarket

GSX supports FSX, FSX:SE, P3D V1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Not all features are available in ALL simulators. For example, FSX and P3D1-3 users don't have PBR, P3D4/5 users do. It's impossible to make a synthetic description of all features available on all different simulators.

But of course, GSX has a TRIAL version and works in an unlimited way on all FSDT sceneries too. You have been given plenty of chances to test it and see what it does, read the manual, etc.

GPU does not arrive during turn-arounds (only occasionally)

Not sure what you are trying to say here with "turn-arounds". GSX doesn't have the concept of turn-around.

YOU are supposed to call the GPU so, it's not that it "arrives" or "doesn't arrive". Are you many referring to a 3rd party airplane that is SUPPOSED to call the GSX GPU turning its own turn-around simulation, and that's not working for some reason ?

Ground Handling / Catering not adjustable at the moment

What do you mean with "adjustable" ? Livery customization ? Yes, if you use P3D V5, liveries are not customizable like they are in P3D4, because we used DX11, which is not supported anymore in P3D V5, we are looking into an alternate solution using the new HTML5 RTT feature in 5.1, but it still not complete, because it requires support for non-square texture which is currently not working, so we'll require further updates from LM to make it work.

GSX menu is stuck during SimConnect issues during turn-arounds

Not a GSX bug, of course, but a bug of the Simconnect Html5 menu itself, which can be solved by reverting from Html5 menu to Scaleform menu ( as discussed in other threads ), proving the problem was never GSX to begin with.

NLG tug (the one without tow bar) still triggers the Ramp Agent to "pump up" the tow bar

That's the only valid point you have. That animation hasn't changed in a while, but we wanted to redo it entirely from a total pushback rewamp that will arrive later. MSFS arrival has changed all of that, so our first priority is to make it GSX working there, and of course with that all animations will be updated as well.

Fuel Truck is stuck even when refueling is finsihed and fuel truck has already disappeared

No, it's not. If you think it is, then make a proper reproducible report, indicating the airplane you are using, and the precise, exact, sequence of operations you did, including the precise, exact quantities of fuel you had before and after and how much you requested.

Having doors opened manually, for example the LH AFT Exit door on the A320FAM series and standing at the gate, requesting the fuel truck, blocks it.

What's an "A320 FAM" ? It's an airplane that controls GSX by itself ?

Instead of that GSX just checks a) Door Open -> Close door b) Send Fuel Truck, it's simply stuck requiring some action from the user.

It seems you are still confusing what the *AIRPLANE* is waiting, with what GSX is waiting. GSX Fuel Truck has NO relationship with any of the door's status. That is normally, when GSX works by itself, and is not controlled by the airplane. If you think GSX is stuck with Fuel because of a door open or closed, that can only be something happening in the custom airplane GSX automation that is not working ( and can only be fixed by the plane developers ), because nothing in the GSX own code has any tie between any of the doors status and the service Fuel.

And I don't even know why a stair should block the fuel truck which is not even standing in it's area? I don't get why the logic is not changed so a fuel truck can be used on the left-hand side while passengers are boarding, like it's done on bigger major airports on a daily-basis.

This has been explained so many times already: GSX vehicles are not really aware of each other, not in a way that can be "smart" enough to drive around each other automatically. No program out there, not even those with budgets and teams 1000 times larger than us have completely fixed this issue, think how hard it is for cars to self-drive or how many glitches there are in GTA V car traffic, so even if something CAN be done in real life, it doesn't mean GSX could do it the same without having vehicles doing funny things or drive into each other or, if we tried to add auto-avoidance and self awareness, a whole new class of bugs we don't have now will open, due to possible traffic deadlocks on the limited apron space, due to vehicles yielding to each other, not knowing what to do.

Because of this, we try to prevent what would surely be seen as worse bug, by preventing them before they can happen, meaning doing some services in sequence, even if in reality they could be done simultaneously.

GSX is a great add-on, without doubt. Especially beacuse it usually brings a lot of immersion. But at this current stage...

GSX at a current stage is a mature and perfectly fine product, which most of the time works, provided the user understand which are really GSX "bugs", which are bugs of the simulator, which are bugs of the 3rd party airplane that is interfacing with GSX and which one are instead compromises that make sense which were done to prevent worse problems.

Alpolex

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 06:53:05 pm »
    Dear Umberto,

thank you for your feedback. I am confused about your posting, let's say this beforehand.
    First all all let me clarify some things which I've assumed somebody knows who is doing a ground services add-on for commercial civil aircraft.

• Turn Around
    A turn-around is a procedure in aviation where an aircraft ends it's flight at a gate or apron position and is being "turned-around" for it's next flight, which is exactly what the purpose of GSX is.
    Deboarding, Catering, Refueling, Boarding and pushing the aircraft back.

• A320FAM
    That's a short description, officially used, to sum-up all Airbus A319, A320 and A321 because they do all share the same airframe only with minor changes (A319 shorter, A321 longer). FAM = Family.

YOU are supposed to call the GPU so, it's not that it "arrives" or "doesn't arrive". Are you many referring to a 3rd party airplane that is SUPPOSED to call the GSX GPU turning its own turn-around simulation, and that's not working for some reason ?

Exactly what I am - and others reporting to the FSL forum, are doing. Arriving at the gate and doing the turn-around, calling the GPU, it does usually not arrive. (Source: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/27882-gsx-gpu-doesnt-ever-arrive/&tab=comments#comment-219418)

It seems you are still confusing what the *AIRPLANE* is waiting, with what GSX is waiting. GSX Fuel Truck has NO relationship with any of the door's status. That is normally, when GSX works by itself, and is not controlled by the airplane. If you think GSX is stuck with Fuel because of a door open or closed, that can only be something happening in the custom airplane GSX automation that is not working ( and can only be fixed by the plane developers ), because nothing in the GSX own code has any tie between any of the doors status and the service Fuel.

https://i.imgur.com/DZvA5rw.png

Fueling is already compelted, fuel truck has disappeared already 20 minutes ago and, as seen in the picture, everything is ready. Besides the logic hung up itself. Everything used via the ATSU control of the FSL.

This has been explained so many times already: GSX vehicles are not really aware of each other, not in a way that can be "smart" enough to drive around each other automatically. No program out there, not even those with budgets and teams 1000 times larger than us have completely fixed this issue, think how hard it is for cars to self-drive or how many glitches there are in GTA V car traffic, so even if something CAN be done in real life, it doesn't mean GSX could do it the same without having vehicles doing funny things or drive into each other or, if we tried to add auto-avoidance and self awareness, a whole new class of bugs we don't have now will open, due to possible traffic deadlocks on the limited apron space, due to vehicles yielding to each other, not knowing what to do.

Because of this, we try to prevent what would surely be seen as worse bug, by preventing them before they can happen, meaning doing some services in sequence, even if in reality they could be done simultaneously.

https://i.imgur.com/X6h2yKC.png

I am not sure, but having the Fuel Truck on the right hand side (Position 10.25) does require both loaders to disappear from their loading positions.
Having it on the left-hand side, as seen in the picture above (Position -10.25) triggers the LH AFT Door to close, the stair do disappear and blocks boarding.

Last but not least:
Not sure which add-on you are referring to. A 90$ airplane that works with GSX ?

Your product. GSX Level 1 and Level 2.

https://i.imgur.com/753SF2N.png

https://i.imgur.com/eN3lTic.png

Thats 72,59€ which is under the current stock market values 89,29USD.

Best Regards,
Alexander
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:33:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 01:56:23 pm »
A turn-around is a procedure in aviation where an aircraft ends it's flight at a gate or apron position and is being "turned-around" for it's next flight, which is exactly what the purpose of GSX is.

That's not what I asked. Of course I know what is a turn-around in real life, my question was made trying to understand what you meant with that:

- A sequence of operations YOU called in GSX using its own menu, manually

OR

- A sequence of operations called by GSX automatically, because you set the "automatic service" option

OR

- A sequence of operations triggered by a 3rd party airplane that handles

hat's a short description, officially used, to sum-up all Airbus A319, A320 and A321 because they do all share the same airframe only with minor changes (A319 shorter, A321 longer). FAM = Family.

Ok, but it would have been more useful if you clearly indicated WHICH Airbus you were referring to. Aerosoft Airbus ? FS Labs Airbus ? BOTH control GSX on their own, using their own ( different ) methods.

Exactly what I am - and others reporting to the FSL forum, are doing. Arriving at the gate and doing the turn-around, calling the GPU, it does usually not arrive. (Source: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/27882-gsx-gpu-doesnt-ever-arrive/&tab=comments#comment-219418)

So, the first test you should have done, which was also suggested in the FS Labs forum was: does the GSX GPU arrives if you call it manually, perhaps using another airplane, one that is not supposed to call it by itself ?

And, I can see FS Labs ALSO told you the stuck menu it's a P3D Bug, solved by reverting to Scaleform, not a GSX problem.

Fueling is already completed, fuel truck has disappeared already 20 minutes ago and, as seen in the picture, everything is ready. Besides the logic hung up itself. Everything used via the ATSU control of the FSL.

Again, does it happen with an airplane that doesn't control GSX on its own ?

Your product. GSX Level 1 and Level 2.

Thats 72,59€ which is under the current stock market values 89,29USD.[/quote]

The current price for GSX on our site is 24.00$ for the base product, and 19.00$ for the L2 Expansion. With 34 USD you can buy the BUNDLE that includes both:

https://order.shareit.com/product?vendorid=200281737&productid=300959243&currency=USD&currencies=ALL

Of course, when prices are discussed, we only refer to the net price, since it's different for each country, and we surely don't pocket it.

Nothing of what you are reporting ( which is still not clear if they are GSX bug, they likely aren't ) is referred to the L2 Expansion, since nowhere I see you ever reported a problem with jetways or animated passengers so, the L2 expansion shouldn't even discussed in your price comparison.

Fact is, the base GSX, which we are discussing here, costs 24 USD on our site, and 34 EUR on Simmarket, but they are having a sale right now, so it's about 23 EUR.

Alpolex

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 06:39:21 pm »
Arriving into a Gate, using the FSLabs Airbus A320FAM, triggering automated services. As well as doing them manually - in both circumstances several issues occur.

Again, does it happen with an airplane that doesn't control GSX on its own ?

I do not use any other aircraft - but the fuel problem happens not only to myself. There are several colleagues which do experience the same issues like I've had again today.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:23:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 02:23:21 pm »
Arriving into a Gate, using the FSLabs Airbus A320FAM, triggering automated services. As well as doing them manually - in both circumstances several issues occur.

So, as I suspected, the problem is not GSX, but likely something happening in the FS Labs custom code. What do you mean with "several issues", exactly ?

I do not use any other aircraft - but the fuel problem happens not only to myself..
[

I'm sorry, but unless you can provide some replication steps using a default airplane ( or any other payware airplane that doesn't control GSX by itself ), it's impossible to understand if the problem is GSX or the airplane own code interacting with it.

There are several colleagues which do experience the same issues like I've had again today

And all of them use only the FS Labs, don't use any other airplane, and don't have any means to check another airplane ?