Products Support > Key West Support

Massive KEYW terminal in Nassau **SOLVED**

(1/4) > >>

vicentezc:
Hello,

I have purchased KEYW, and when doing a KMIA-TNCM flight I noticed massive buildings in the water in Nassau.
After checking, I see that the buildings are from the KEYW add-on.

When I first installed KEYW, I had the issue with the building terminals not showing at all. I managed to fix this by deleting the content.xml (based on the other thread).
After seeing this, I completely removed KEYW from the community folder (files were actually deleted thanks to the symbolic link) and re-installed again, including the updates, but this is still happening.

Here is a video showing the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rbIVINTRP8sZtA5OeZZe60UpqsyzPPhe/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Vicente

virtuali:
I cannot reproduce the problem, see here:

We surely haven't added any objects at MYNN but, fact if happens there is a bit suspicious, since it's the airport used as a sample for the SDK.

It's possible another scenery you installed in the Community folder is derived in some way from the SDK sample, and like the sample has a file named like this:

scenery\global\scenery\modelLib.bgl

Like the sample, but this is likely causing a conflict, since there might be several sceneries with the same path and name and this has been confirmed by Asobo is a mistake and it will surely create a conflict.

Our KEWY has the model lib .BGL named as such, to prevent any conflicts:

scenery\FSDT_KEYW\scenery\Simultech-KEYW_modelLib.BGL

Just be sure to run the FSDT Live Update, because I think the very first release ( before this problem was known ), our .BGL was also named modelLib.BGL, but we fixed it shortly thereafter.

vicentezc:
Thanks for the quick reply.
I checked and for KEYW (and KORD/LSZH/LFSB/CYVR) which I also purchased, all the modelLib files have specific names. For KEYW, I confirm I have 'Simultech_KEYW_modelLib.BGL'

I have done some tests, and it was only fixed after I removed all non-FSDT add-ons from the Community Folder.
Do you have a link where Asobo explains about the conflict caused by modelLib.bgl not being renamed?

I would like to better understand so that I can try to guess which scenery is causing this.

Thanks!

Vicente

virtuali:

--- Quote from: vicentezc on December 29, 2020, 01:09:20 pm ---Do you have a link where Asobo explains about the conflict caused by modelLib.bgl not being renamed?
--- End quote ---

Sorry, no, it was a post from Asobo on the 3rd party devs forum, which is not accessible by every user. In any case, I suggest to run the FSDT Live Update anyway, just to be sure you have the latest version, and try adding again your add-ons, one by one.

vicentezc:
I just ran the updater and had a modelLib.bgl update for KEYW.
It's now working fine with all the other add-ons.
Thanks a lot for the support!  ;D
I don't know how to close this thread, so feel free to do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version