Products Support > Geneva FSX/P3D

CTD 10 m before landing in GVA

<< < (2/2)

virtuali:
After several test we had in private with laking, it has been established the crash in terrain.dll doesn't have anything to do with our scenery, and it happens ONLY when using OrbX, and user laking confirmed to me the crashes stopped if OrbX is disabled.

Brittanix:

--- Quote from: virtuali on February 03, 2021, 09:36:43 am ---After several test we had in private with laking, it has been established the crash in terrain.dll doesn't have anything to do with our scenery, and it happens ONLY when using OrbX, and user laking confirmed to me the crashes stopped if OrbX is disabled.

--- End quote ---

Thats interesting as this problem seems to occur with both the FSDT and the Aerosoft LSGG scenery.
Which part of Orbx is causing the issue? Did you deactivate openLC, Base or everything? Has this been passed on to Orbx,  as I can't find anything related on their forums?
I am currently avoiding LSGG as I too have CTD, especially when approaching from the south, between CBY and GVA VOR's. I too have Orbx packages installed.

Edit: I even had a CTD just flying past LSGG on a flight from LSZH to LEMG.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Brittanix on February 03, 2021, 01:33:15 pm ---Thats interesting as this problem seems to occur with both the FSDT and the Aerosoft LSGG scenery.
--- End quote ---

Further proving the problem is not in our scenery, since it's a bit difficult to believe another scenery for the same airport made by a different developer could possibly have the same problem. It's more likey a problem with OrbX in that area.

--- Quote ---Which part of Orbx is causing the issue? Did you deactivate openLC, Base or everything?
--- End quote ---

We don't use OrbX, so we don't have anything installed, I'm relying on reports from user laking, who confirmed that after disabling something from OrbX ( not sure exactly what ), the crash went away.

ampharoah:
I can confirm that the problem is probably ORBX OLC Europe.

I had consistent CTD on approach to 05 until I uninstalled OLC Europe and then no problem landing at all.

Will report to ORBX

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version