Author Topic: GSX L2 turnaround setup questions  (Read 2090 times)

Banalisator

GSX L2 turnaround setup questions
« on: December 15, 2020, 05:52:01 pm »
Hi,

I fly a lot of turnaround flights (or multi leg hops in the Q400) mainly with FSL, PMDG and Majestic.

Some questions:
- Is a feature to disable crew boarding still on the line? Was talked about in a lot of other topics.
- Is there a way for the baggabe belts or cargo loaders to stay at the aircraft after deboarding? It is very unrealistic to drive away and come back a minute later for the new boarding...
- In my settings, I can't find the at some point existing slider to select the speed of boarding through jetways. At the moment, a jetway boarding is done in less then a minute no matter the pax count. Where can I set this again?

And last, is there any tutorial how to use the FSL INT function in combination with GSX? Haven't ground anything so far...

Thanks!

Paulo92

Re: GSX L2 turnaround setup questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 07:15:25 pm »
- Is a feature to disable crew boarding still on the line? Was talked about in a lot of other topics.

Agree on this one !

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 02:54:00 am »
- Is there a way for the baggabe belts or cargo loaders to stay at the aircraft after deboarding? It is very unrealistic to drive away and come back a minute later for the new boarding...
If I remember, they did this to avoid having the vehicles crash into each other.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 07:21:43 am »

The feature has been there for more than a year, but it's reserved to be used by airplane developers, because those that already interface with GSX already had their own handling of the same  thing, so it's best if they can integrate it instead of confusing users with two options in two different places that can conflict with each other ( airplane saying pilots should board, GSX saying the opposite, for example )

It was like that years ago, before we added other services like refueling and passenger boarding with a bus, which resulted in those clashing into each other.

- In my settings, I can't find the at some point existing slider to select the speed of boarding through jetways. At the moment, a jetway boarding is done in less then a minute no matter the pax count. Where can I set this again?

You don't say if you have GSX L2 and if the jetway you are using is either GSX or SODE. If it's not, passengers won't be seen and the boarding will be only simulated and will always be very fast.

When passenger are seen ( because you have L2 active AND the jetway is either GSX or SODE ), the boarding time with passengers is a combination of the passenger DENSITY slider AND the number of jetway docked ( it takes half time to board with two jetways than with one ).

Banalisator

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 12:00:25 pm »

The feature has been there for more than a year, but it's reserved to be used by airplane developers, because those that already interface with GSX already had their own handling of the same  thing, so it's best if they can integrate it instead of confusing users with two options in two different places that can conflict with each other ( airplane saying pilots should board, GSX saying the opposite, for example )

Okay, so nothing new here. Is it not possible to let crew board in term of count (like without L2), but get rid of the animation?

It was like that years ago, before we added other services like refueling and passenger boarding with a bus, which resulted in those clashing into each other.

Makes sense & I can live with that, thanks.

You don't say if you have GSX L2 and if the jetway you are using is either GSX or SODE. If it's not, passengers won't be seen and the boarding will be only simulated and will always be very fast.

When passenger are seen ( because you have L2 active AND the jetway is either GSX or SODE ), the boarding time with passengers is a combination of the passenger DENSITY slider AND the number of jetway docked ( it takes half time to board with two jetways than with one ).

Ah, good to know. Yes, my description reffered to non-SODE jetways with no visible passengers. It's a bit unfortunate that at a non-SODE airport you can't run a real boarding time like in L1 in my opinion (because the option was built once), but okay. Maybe it's not possible from a technological side to have both.

Thanks for the response!