Author Topic: I get "active but not installed" prompt before I can load any airport  (Read 1893 times)

kenthom

I very recently updated to P3D v5.1 HF1.   I uninstalled v4.5 and all addon airports.   Today I installed GSX level 2 and KIAH to P3D v5.   Now I get this prompt just before my airport (any airport) completes loading.

" The product "FSDream Team Dallas-Fort Worth is installed. but not Active yet on this PC.  Do you want to ACTIVATE it now?   It does that for every FSDT airport I have previously had installed so it is pretty annoying.  I choose not to activate any further airports at this time.   

How do deactivate that notice so it will keep prompting every time I load a flight?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I get "active but not installed" prompt before I can load any airport
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 10:31:25 am »
How do deactivate that notice so it will keep prompting every time I load a flight?

By replying YES, of course.

The reason for that question is because you still have your activation key in the registry, because we don't remove it when you uninstall the scenery, and even if you remove the sim, we never remove it. This for the obvious reason so you are free to uninstall the scenery and uninstall the sim, without having to reactivate the scenery "just" because you uninstalled it or uninstalled the sim.

If you don't want to use the scenery on this system, the correct course of action is:

- Let all sceneries activate normally.

- Once they are all active, select the "DEACTIVATE" option in the Addon Manager. This is the option you are supposed to always use when you are not planning to use a scenery on your PC anymore, because in addition to remove the scenery activation from your windows registry, it will also recover its activation, so you won't consume another one when eventually reactivating again, here or on another system.

kenthom

Re: I get "active but not installed" prompt before I can load any airport
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 04:45:50 pm »
Thanks.  I appreciate it.  I forgot about the registration key.