Author Topic: "No Jetways Here" Help Needed  (Read 5385 times)

Chuck Dreier

"No Jetways Here" Help Needed
« on: November 24, 2020, 09:22:45 pm »
P3D v5.1 with Hotfix.  New, clean install of P3D.  New, clean install of GSX.  Jetways work fine with FSDT airports (KLAX, KORD) but other airports such as ImagineSim KATL and LVFR KFLL gets the message "No Jetways Here".  I can move the jetways via the Menu Add-On/ SODE1.171/ Text Menu Command.  I did not have this problem with v4.5 Hotfix 3.

Please help.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 10:13:18 pm by CDreier »

p3dx3

Re: "No Jetways Here" Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 06:32:41 am »
P3D v5.1 with Hotfix.  New, clean install of P3D.  New, clean install of GSX.  Jetways work fine with FSDT airports (KLAX, KORD) but other airports such as ImagineSim KATL and LVFR KFLL gets the message "No Jetways Here".  I can move the jetways via the Menu Add-On/ SODE1.171/ Text Menu Command.  I did not have this problem with v4.5 Hotfix 3.

Please help.  Thank you.

open the sode platform manager do you see green icons that it is active?

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 03:41:55 pm »
Thank you for responding. Are you referring to the Add-On Menu at the top ribbon?  In the program folder it’s both activated and registered.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 04:14:47 pm »
other airports such as ImagineSim KATL and LVFR KFLL gets the message "No Jetways Here".  

Please clarify what are you doing, exactly, and which program is giving that message and, possibly, the precise, exact, text of the message.

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 05:32:15 pm »
It’s in the GSX Menu itself. When I try to call up Operate Jetways I get “No Jetways Here”.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 06:14:34 pm »
It’s in the GSX Menu itself. When I try to call up Operate Jetways I get “No Jetways Here”.

Check the GSX parking customization page, and see which AFCAD is used by GSX, and if it's the one that comes with the scenery.

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 06:27:18 pm »
i see:  AFCAD C:\Program Files\Imagine Simulations\KATL P3Dv5\scenery\KATL_ADEX_ADE_hi.bgl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 11:11:59 am »
Which kind of jetways that scenery comes with ?

Which kind of jetways is reported on the the GSX customization page ?

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 08:34:32 pm »
It doesn't show any Jetways!  I did a complete uninstall of v5.1.1. and then a reinstall and added GSX and then KATL.  At that point the Jetways worked.  Later, after adding other graphics (not airports) the same problem occurs. I've done a FSDT Live Update.  No change.  I'm baffled.  I'd really like to figure this out to be able to use v5.  Thanks for your patience.

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 09:52:17 pm »
One more thing.  When I go to App Data\Virtuali\GSX I only see one config for KATL (KATL-K1yimk) which shows a path to P3Dv4.  There's not a separate entry for for P3Dv5.  Does that help solve this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 02:18:04 pm »
It doesn't show any Jetways! 

Yes, but you have a GSX custom profile you made for that airport so, we cannot possibly know if you removed jetways for some reason, or by mistake.

Remove your customization file, restart GSX and check again the same page. Which kind of jetways ( if any ) you see there ? Also, you haven't replied to my other question: Which kind of jetways that scenery comes with ?

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 09:25:16 pm »
A sincere thanks for your patience with me.  How will o find out what kind of jetways ImagineSim’s KATL comes with?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 07:02:02 am »
A sincere thanks for your patience with me.  How will o find out what kind of jetways ImagineSim’s KATL comes with?
Check ImagineSim's operation center, I am pretty sure you can select either default jetways or SODE jetways there. I don't remember off the top of my head, and I'm still in the office, so I can't check this for you.
Captain Kevin

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 01:55:18 pm »
I have SODE enabled.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 01:58:21 pm »
I have SODE enabled.

Which means, if you remove the custom profile you made, as I told you to do, GSX should now report an XML jetway for that parking.