Author Topic: New Guy with lots of questions  (Read 4571 times)

Paco

New Guy with lots of questions
« on: December 12, 2009, 03:25:46 am »
Hey Guys,

I've been a long time lurker, but finally joined the forums.  Let me say, THANKS to all the guys who have made F/A-18 FSX worth something.  Neutrino.....one of my biggest complaints with the Acceleration Hornet was that the HUD was all messed up.  THANKS.  I now have the new HUD on my Hornet and as of today, the T-45C.  Excellent work!!!

Orion......Your carriers are outstanding.  I'll be contributing to your site.  I have the AlphaSim payware for the my VRS Superbug in FS2009 and your carriers blow that away, hands down.  Can't wait for SuperBug for FSX so I can combine the two.

To all the others, whose posts I've read and answered all the questions, thanks.

Now for the questions

1. How do I get the Halo effect off the lights in FSX?  Makes it hard to see the ball from a distance.

2. On my new HUD, I can't change the CDI with NAV1 selected.  Anybody got any ideas?

3. Not a question, but am looking to do some multiplayer carrier ops.  I have Teamspeak and am willing to learn.

About me.   Been flightsimming for about 20 years.  Started when I was in flight school for the Navy.  I was a P-3C pilot, so I never hit the boat but had fun nonetheless.  Got out of the Navy and flew for a major US airline and did some corporate.    I really miss formation flying and get that fix in my online stuff....FAA gets really PO'd when I try formation in a 737.  Anyway, talk later and hope to see you guys online.  Again, thanks for the help.

Paco

Orion

Re: New Guy with lots of questions
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 04:31:01 am »
Hey, welcome to the forums :).

First off, I'd like to mention that Javier Fernandez is the guy behind the wonderful Nimitz for FSX, not me.  I'm merely making the multiplayer carrier ops mission that uses it.

Speaking of my mission, it'll be released hopefully around December 20th 2009.  You can use my current mission for now, which is more or less just the carrier in multiplayer, a camera and a reward.  My upcoming mission will feature Javier's Nimitz, aerial refueling, multiple custom cameras and rewards, among other things.

Not sure what you mean by halo effect, but I think you may be referring to light bloom.  If light bloom is on, turn it off in the Display settings in FSX.  Can't really help you with the HUD either, but good luck!

Razgriz

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 04:42:30 am »
Welcome to the forums.

I'll be PMing you about multiplayer.

I also cannot wait for the VRS in FSX.  The shots are simply stunning on their own.

About the lights, I use a payware program called X Graphics.  It improves the default textures such as runways, taxiways, and lights!

ESzczesniak

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 05:17:40 am »
I also will PM about multiplayer.  Haven't done multiplayer, but am >95% trap rate without any "crashes" in over 300 traps offline, so would love to help if I can.

Paco

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 06:32:15 am »
Hey, welcome to the forums :).

First off, I'd like to mention that Javier Fernandez is the guy behind the wonderful Nimitz for FSX, not me.  I'm merely making the multiplayer carrier ops mission that uses it.

Speaking of my mission, it'll be released hopefully around December 20th 2009.  You can use my current mission for now, which is more or less just the carrier in multiplayer, a camera and a reward.  My upcoming mission will feature Javier's Nimitz, aerial refueling, multiple custom cameras and rewards, among other things.

Not sure what you mean by halo effect, but I think you may be referring to light bloom.  If light bloom is on, turn it off in the Display settings in FSX.  Can't really help you with the HUD either, but good luck!

Oops sorry.  Yes I knew it was Javier Fernandez, I had you confused with the multiplayer mission.  In any event, excellent job Javier.

Paco