Author Topic: KORD for MSFS - what a great product!  (Read 1985 times)

somiller

KORD for MSFS - what a great product!
« on: December 08, 2020, 04:07:53 am »
I have purchased and installed KORD for MSFS and I have to say it really is breathtaking! For such a large, high-detailed, and complex scenery the performance is nothing short of spectacular. I run a very middle-of-the-road system and I get as good as or better performance at KORD than at stock airports. I run almost all settings at high at 1440p 100 res scaling and I'm surprised how well my system handles this airport.

Kind Regards,
Steven Miller

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD for MSFS - what a great product!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 09:33:17 am »
Thanks you,

Yes, stock airports can be somewhat heavy on fps, because they use lots of library objects that are optimized to be re-used worldwide and placed automatically, and this doesn't always work well, especially at very large airports, that might have hundreds of them placed, so different kind of optimizations can be done.

We are working right now on a free update which will feature the new runway 9C that opened this days, which will be available for P3D first, and for MSFS shortly thereafter.

DFWSupertrooper

Re: KORD for MSFS - what a great product!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 01:15:08 am »
I second the comment.  This has been a stunning airport and definitely one of my favorites.  You guys consistently deliver great products and I'm anxiously awaiting more North American hubs ASAP.  Keep up the great work, Team. ;)