Author Topic: Download protection  (Read 2595 times)

skysurfer

Download protection
« on: November 23, 2020, 10:03:29 pm »
Hello. 
I am trying to get clarification on download protection option when purchasing a product. It says: “If you purchase the "Download Protection" service (Extended Download Service), you can download the electronic product version up to 24 month(s) after receipt of your payment”. What I don’t purchase this protection? Will I have limited amount of tries I can download scenery?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Download protection
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 04:33:28 pm »
What I don’t purchase this protection? Will I have limited amount of tries I can download scenery?

You can download it an unlimited amount of times, but only for the first 30 days.

If you don't want to purchase the download protection, just be sure you make a backup of the installer, possibly on a cloud service like Google Drive or Dropbox or MS OneDrive, just in case the drive you made a backup on fails...

skysurfer

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 07:35:42 pm »
So if I purchase this protection I will be able to download unlimited times without storing the installer or for 2 years only? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 10:37:47 am »
So if I purchase this protection I will be able to download unlimited times without storing the installer or for 2 years only? Thanks

Yes, exactly. That's the maximum Digital River allows and it's nothing we can control.

That's why we always suggest not to purchase it, and make a backup instead. However, some users complained 30 days is too short, so we DO offer that service as an option.

robbo747

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 03:05:53 pm »
Umberto

Is there any flexibillity for this policy.

I ask because clearly I didn't see the change in this policy from what you did with previous downloads of my FS Dreamteam airports.  My fault, not trying to shift the blame. 

Just had to reinstall MSFS2020 and cannot locate CYVR install software.

Robbo747