Author Topic: More options for customizing GSX  (Read 2878 times)

737NGX

More options for customizing GSX
« on: November 19, 2020, 05:24:15 pm »
Hi!
I'm a former ramp agent at ENGM, Oslo for SAS (lost my job due to covid) and have always found a few things off with GSX. Probably because procedures are different from country to country,
so I'm based on European procedures. There are a few things that I wish were in GSX and hope that my suggestions can be taken into consideration!

First of all, refueling. IRL, there is no problem to board the bags while refueling. This is very commonly done, and I don't think the ramp agents wait for the fueling to complete anywhere in the world.
It would be nice to disable this option as a whole, so I don't have to wait 10 min extra for the fueling to finish before the loaders can approach the plane and the trolleys can arrive.

Secondly, is the "wait for enginge start until push completed and brakes set" in the cold. This might be a thing in the US, but certainly not in Europe, especially not anywhere north of Germany.
It might apply for larger jets some places, but for an A320 or a B737 there is no problem in starting at least 1 engine even though it's icing conditions. We also never used to ask the pilots for engine start confirmation.

The rest of my suggestions are more minor, but would be very nice to see in the sim.
Firstly, the SAS ground equipment. We have some white push-backs and beltloaders, but 80% of all our equipment is orange. The same orange you find on the engines on the old livery. Is this something you can fix? As I said, very minor :P

Secondly, the fueltruck when there is underground fuel. In Oslo I've never seen a fueltruck like that. Are there any plans to add another model or two? The one currently looks kinda ghetto haha.

Thirdly, the container loaders. There is currently only 1 model in GSX and it's the large ULDs that are used on 777s and 787s etc. but definetly not on the 320 neo. It would be nice with an AKH loader
for smaller aircraft. Like I said before, just a minor thing that would slightly increase the quality of your product from a visual standpoint :)

Hope you can take some of my suggestions into consideration!
Regards
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 08:38:18 pm by 737NGX »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: More options for customizing GSX
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 11:13:23 pm »
First of all, refueling. IRL, there is no problem to board the bags while refueling. This is very commonly done, and I don't think the ramp agents wait for the fueling to complete anywhere in the world.
It would be nice to disable this option as a whole, so I don't have to wait 10 min extra for the fueling to finish before the loaders can approach the plane and the trolleys can arrive.
I could be wrong, but I think the issue was with vehicles colliding with each other.
We also never used to ask the pilots for engine start confirmation.
You can actually disable this if you so choose in the GSX settings.
Thirdly, the container loaders. There is currently only 1 model in GSX and it's the large ULDs that are used on 777s and 787s etc. but definetly not on the 320 neo. It would be nice with an AKH loader
for smaller aircraft. Like I said before, just a minor thing that would slightly increase the quality of your product from a visual standpoint :)
I know if you go into the aircraft customization in GSX, you can choose which containers show up for a particular aircraft. I don't know if it includes those containers, but wouldn't hurt to check. I don't have access to my computer at home, so I can't check for you.
Captain Kevin

737NGX

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:50:40 pm »
I know if you go into the aircraft customization in GSX, you can choose which containers show up for a particular aircraft. I don't know if it includes those containers, but wouldn't hurt to check. I don't have access to my computer at home, so I can't check for you.
That's not quite what I meant about that. The big ULD's that you get in GSX are way too big to be used on A320s. Not talking about the containers but the actual veichles  ;D

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 12:05:30 am »
That's not quite what I meant about that. The big ULD's that you get in GSX are way too big to be used on A320s. Not talking about the containers but the actual veichles  ;D
My bad.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 04:28:57 pm »
Secondly, is the "wait for enginge start until push completed and brakes set" in the cold.

GSX didn't have this feature before. We added because some users asked for it, saying it's the correct procedure to follow to prevent possible damage to the tow truck connection at the end of the pushback, caused by extra slipping due to icing and engine running.

737NGX

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 05:59:18 am »
I see. Well, we don't follow that in Norway at least, so interesting that other users have complained about that.
Anyway, I hope you'll be able to make that an option at some point  :)