Author Topic: Prepar3D V5.1 Crash on Pushback Request  (Read 3176 times)

Lufty2701

Prepar3D V5.1 Crash on Pushback Request
« on: November 18, 2020, 07:00:40 pm »
Hi all,

When I request pushback at some Flytampa Vienna (D29, D26, and a few more, but some others do work) the simulator freezes, a blue cursor loading appears and the simulator crashes. No event appears in Event Viewer.
Attached Content and Couatl.log though they do not add any information..
Any idea what could possibly cause this?
Running Prepar3D V5.1, Flytampa Vienna v3.1. Happens with many different airplanes.
Didn't happen in other airports that I tried.

Thanks,
Maksim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepar3D V5.1 Crash on Pushback Request
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 09:16:15 pm »
Nothing in your Couatl.log indicates the crash was caused by GSX, which didn't had any errors and, instead, it's logging the simulator crashed, which means IT didn't crash, but watched the sim crash.

Instead, your content error indicates lots of your other add-ons has errors but, since you haven't zipped it before attaching, it's not very readable since it's encoded in unicode. ZIP it and attach it to a post, so at least I could give you some idea which add-ons contains errors. I bet lots of them are coming from AI airplanes, which usually cause crashes.

Lufty2701

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 11:13:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
I attached a zip of the Content log. I hope I understood correctly.
I just tried reinstalling both with no help.
The moment I press any service (not just pushback as mentioned earlier) on the GSX menu, the sim crashes.
What happens after initiating a service?
Any idea where should I look for?
I know it's not related here but also attached a SODE.log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 01:40:22 pm »
I attached a zip of the Content log. I hope I understood correctly.

Yes, I can read it now, and it's so full of errors, that you should be happy your simulator even starts, let alone working without crashes. It "only" contains 1000 errors, because no more than 1000 can be logged so, it's possible there are even more we don't know about.

They are mainly caused by AI with errors in they configuration files, but not only, I can see missing textures from airplanes, missing effects, ect.

I just tried reinstalling both with no help.

If with "both" you mean GSX, it's normal reinstalling GSX won't fix anything, since the problem is not caused by GSX.

The moment I press any service (not just pushback as mentioned earlier) on the GSX menu, the sim crashes. What happens after initiating a service?

I think I already explained where to look for, GSX by itself CANNOT CRASH THE SIM, this is really out of the question. As I've said, GSX hasn't even crashed, it has logged the sim crashed for other reasons, and cleanly exited after it saw that.

In any case, there's a known bug in the sim, that has been acknowledged by LM, which results in the sim crashing when objects are removed, it's supposed to be fixed in the next update, but they have a workaround for it, explained here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140053&start=90#p229913

Lufty2701

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 07:33:17 pm »
That did it for me, Thank you very much!
I'll solve these errors when I have time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 04:35:32 pm »
That did it for me, Thank you very much! I'll solve these errors when I have time.

The latest 5.1 Hotfix that has just been released should fix this without requiring that change.

Joker1967

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 07:42:06 am »
Nice to meet you, ladies and gentlemen.

The pushback error has been resolved in v5.1HF1, but the default pushback car does not disappear when I load the GSX in parking.

Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v5 \ Scenery \ Global \ scenery \ vehicles_airport.bgl

I compared the two pushback cars included in the library file above with the same file in V4.5.
In v5.1, the pushback car has not been replaced by a dummy model.

If you replace the file with one of V4.5, the pushback car disappears.
I haven't seen any other reports in the forums, so maybe I did something wrong...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 09:47:53 am »
I compared the two pushback cars included in the library file above with the same file in V4.5.
In v5.1, the pushback car has not been replaced by a dummy model.

If you replace the file with one of V4.5, the pushback car disappears.
I haven't seen any other reports in the forums, so maybe I did something wrong...

Have you reinstalled GSX ? The patching of the default vehicles .BGL is made by the installer.

Joker1967

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 01:43:18 am »
No, I haven't reinstalled it. Maybe I just tried to fix the bug myself, did the wrong file operation, and it remained.
I'm sorry to bother you. Thank you.