Author Topic: Having Stability Issues in v5.1  (Read 2021 times)

jdholcomb0221

Having Stability Issues in v5.1
« on: November 01, 2020, 02:43:16 pm »
Hello,

I've spent the last 2 days trying to get GSX to fully work in v5.1. Here's what's happening...

Prior to the 5.1 update. I tried to run P3D v5 but had CTD nightmares. After the release, I reinstalled v5.1 completely. However, I never uninstalled the 8 sceneries and 2 GSX addons in my PDv5 Addons folder. So when I reinstalled. Of course all your stuff was already there.

I ran the Live Updater and hooped in the sim. I opened the menu box to operate the Jetways at KATL. The Sim hangs and crashes straight to desktop. But there's no error in the event log. So... I downloaded GSX and GSX2 and installed them again.

Try #2... I can now operate the jetways. I was able to do everything needed so I started the pushback sequence. I sit and wait as we push. We get half way out the gate. Another random crash to desktop and no events. P3D just closes out.

I tried a few more times but the sim is crashing while using GSX. At random times and I just gave up. I can't even get off the ground.

Another weird thing is when I'm in v4.5 and when I "Request Boarding". It's like the life gets sucked out of my sim for about 2-3 secs. It hangs and then everything continues shortly after. Is there anyway that deployment of the tugs, pushback, etc, doesn't cause my sim to bottleneck?

I'm capped at 40FPS in the sim and it usually doesn't move too much while flying. But takes a dive when I deploy GSX.

Specs:
i7-8700K @ 4.80 GHz
ASUS z370 K6 Mobo
Corsair 16GB Ram
NVIDIA EVGA 1080 SUPER (Not Manually OC'd)
500GB EVO SSD (game partition)

Any help with v5.1 or v4.5 would be great. I'm not trying to point fingers with v5.1. I'll even run any debugging apps you request, to look into the issues.

I just wish the sim I paid for would work with your products. And I won't fly without your products. (At least I really try not to!)

I've already post in LM's forums but I'm not expecting much. Especially since every release breaks more or they lie. (MS2020 might be in my future.)

Thanks!
Jay
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 02:45:14 pm by jdholcomb0221 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Having Stability Issues in v5.1
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 02:45:48 pm »
I read somewhere that it's possible SODE may be causing issues in P3D V5.1.
Captain Kevin

yvesamuel

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 07:34:26 pm »
I can confirm that uninstalling SODE resolves the problem.

Waiting for SODE newes.
Yves

ctruong1803

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 09:39:44 am »
I read somewhere that it's possible SODE may be causing issues in P3D V5.1.

Yes, even when you had applied the Hotfix HF2 for v5.0, you had to uninstall SODE and re-install it and the SODE gates work.

Cheers,
Chris.