Author Topic: My version of **GSX** user defined jetways not showing [SOLVED!]  (Read 4553 times)

737SimGuy

My version of **GSX** user defined jetways not showing [SOLVED!]
« on: November 02, 2020, 02:08:10 am »
Hi again,

Figured I should start a different thread since my issue is a bit different. None of my previously working custom GSX jetways show since the last Live Updater run and I DO NOT get any red X's.. The DSK jetways are still listed in the ini file in the GSX folder, but they do not show in scenery. If I try to add a new jetway there is no option in the GSX UI anymore to select which jetway version to use, and when clicking APPLY there is no new jetway showing.

I know you will say it is nothing to do with GSX, but could you possibly point me in the direction of what kind of thing in a scenery would cause this? What I should look for?

P3D 5.0HF2
Win 10 20H2
SODE 1.71 + VDGS
nVidia Titan latest driver as of yesterday

Aerosoft LFBO and MKS Vagar

Thank you,
James
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 06:38:01 pm by 737SimGuy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My version of **GSX** user defined jetways not showing
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 02:21:36 am »
None of my previously working custom GSX jetways show since the last Live Updater run

The last update cannot possibly have anything to do with you losing jetways on a 3rd party airport that comes with its own SODE jetways.

and I DO NOT get any red X's.

That means SODE *has* found the SODE jetways the scenery comes with, because you do have both a SODE XML file *and* the actual objects, so SODE is not reporting any errors.

The DSK jetways are still listed in the ini file in the GSX folder, but they do not show in scenery.

Of course they don't. If a scenery comes with their own SODE jetways, GSX won't try to create its own, even if you already have an .INI file for it. This is to prevent double jetways if a scenery that initially didn't had its SODE jetways is subsequently updated or reconfigured to have them.

If I try to add a new jetway there is no option in the GSX UI anymore to select which jetway version to use, and when clicking APPLY there is no new jetway showing.

Of course you can't. If a scenery comes with their own SODE jetways, GSX won't allow you to create new GSX ones. The ONLY way to let GSX create its own jetways, on a scenery that comes with its own SODE jetways is to remove the SODE XML file for that scenery in the C:\ProgramData\12bpilot\XML folder.

I know you will say it is nothing to do with GSX, but could you possibly point me in the direction of what kind of thing in a scenery would cause this? What I should look for?

Of course it doesn't have anything to do with GSX. You probably removed the SODE XML file when you originally made the GSX customization, now you must have either reinstalled or updated that scenery or ran its configuration, or any other action that caused the SODE XML file the scenery came with to be back, so you forgot you have to remove it again before you can replace jetways with GSX.

And no, I assure you the Live Update cannot possibly have anything to do with this, we don't touch *any* file from other developer sceneries, that is certain.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 02:26:17 am by virtuali »

737SimGuy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 02:34:00 am »
If a scenery comes with their own SODE jetways, GSX won't allow you to create new GSX ones. The ONLY way to let GSX create its own jetways, on a scenery that comes with its own SODE jetways is to remove the SODE XML file for that scenery in the C:\ProgramData\12bpilot\XML folder.

Finally I thought we were getting somewhere but sadly there is no xml file for LFBO in \ProgramData\12bpilot\XML folder. :-(

Guess I will give up. Thanks for trying..

James

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 01:28:53 pm »
Finally I thought we were getting somewhere but sadly there is no xml file for LFBO in \ProgramData\12bpilot\XML folder.

But you see some jetways or not ?

737SimGuy

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 02:36:16 pm »
But you see some jetways or not ?

None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

The original jetways were all done in one object and I removed them using ADE. Then I added a GSX jetway using your UI one by one for each gate. This worked beautifully for a long time, but suddenly no jetways. I assumed it was a Live Update that caused them to disappear but you say that's impossible. I did not re-install the scenery. So I do not know what caused it. There is no xml for LFBO in the SODE\xml folder nor anywhere else on my drive that I can find. My lfbo.ini file is still in GSX folder with appropriate AFCAD filename. The gate list within GSX shows "Gate 123/JS" for example. I cannot add any jetways. I will try other non-SODE airports today to see if I can add a jetway that shows in the scenery.

James

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 01:23:36 am »
Could be the sim is reading another AFCAD in conflict, so the GSX customization you made is not loaded ? Check the name of the AFCAD in use by GSX, and see if it's the one that's supposed to be used by the scenery.

737SimGuy

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 08:21:26 pm »
Could be the sim is reading another AFCAD in conflict, so the GSX customization you made is not loaded ? Check the name of the AFCAD in use by GSX, and see if it's the one that's supposed to be used by the scenery.

I’ve checked everything I can think of. I’ve scanned for other AFCADS, I’ve checked the AFCAD file in use in GSX and it indicates correctly, I’ve disabled SODE, I’ve removed the GSX LFBO.ini file and tried to make a new one via the GSX UI, etc etc. no luck.

So I guess I throw in the towel on this one.

James

737SimGuy

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 11:31:10 pm »
In the off chance you may see something, attached is a partial clip from the Couatl log

James

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 11:50:31 pm »
You surely have a syntax error in the GSX.CFG file for your airplane, which can only happened because it was edited by hand, please attach that one. Also, don't post "clips" of log files, we need the whole file, because it includes information like the version you use which are useful.

ZIP the files and use the forum Attach function to attach the file to a post.

737SimGuy

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 01:10:30 am »
You surely have a syntax error in the GSX.CFG file for your airplane, which can only happened because it was edited by hand, please attach that one.

ZIP the files and use the forum Attach function to attach the file to a post.

I fixed the GSX.CFG for the airplane after I saw it in the log. Here is the new full log. It starts up at LFPG and then I reposition to LFBO using the "Go to airport..." dialog.

Edit - oops, forgot the log, here it is...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 01:15:07 am by 737SimGuy »

737SimGuy

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 01:08:06 am »
I still have not found a mystery LFBO AFCAD anywhere. Very strange.

737SimGuy

Re: My version of **GSX** user defined jetways not showing [SOLVED!]
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 06:37:02 pm »
Somehow, sometime, my GSX Level 2 registration disappeared. I finally noticed it in the Add-on Manager and re-applied the serial number and voila! I have my customizations back :-)

Thanks for all the help...

James