Author Topic: loss of jetways  (Read 2269 times)

kilobravo

loss of jetways
« on: November 01, 2020, 06:05:14 pm »
Hello,
I have P3D v2.5, following an upgrade of GSX (2.9.1) and SODE (1.7.1), I find myself without jetways on all airports! with the presence of red crosses in their place. Do you have any idea of the problem?
a / P3D installed on E
b / GSX installed on E
c / SODE installed on C

Everything worked perfectly before this upgrade.
Thank you in advance for your help.

737SimGuy

Re: loss of jetways
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 06:14:06 pm »
Similar for me, none of my custom GSX jetways show anymore. They are still listed in the ini file in the GSX folder, but they do not show in scenery. There is no option in the GSX UI anymore to select which jetway version to use.

P3D 5.0HF2
Win 10 20H2
SODE 1.71 + VDGS
nVidia Titan latest driver as of yesterday

Aerosoft LFBO and MKS Vagar

Will try other airports now...

James

Edit -
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 06:17:42 pm by 737SimGuy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 11:52:07 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

When you see the red cross in place of a jetway ( or any other object created by SODE ), it's because what is missing are objects created by SODE using a SODE XML file, most commonly SODE jetways provided by the scenery developer. The red cross means you *do* have a SODE XML file that calls for those objects, but they are not installed our found by the simulator for some reason.

Nothing to do with GSX, you'll never see the red cross when a GSX object is missing, because it's something that SODE does to indicate a missing object but, GSX jetways are created by GSX, SODE is not involved in their creation, hence it won't show the red cross if the object is missing so, you can be sure that, if you see the red cross, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and it's happening entirely in the scenery and its installation or configuration of its own SODE files.

kilobravo

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 03:52:40 pm »
Hello,
First of all I would like to thank you for this quick response from you. Indeed I thought that the problem was probably more SODE than GSX! I will see on the SODE Forum, if there is a solution. Just one last question! After deleting the "sode XML" file, does it recreate it, when P3D is launched again or not?

GSX is a wonderful addon .....
Thank you again for your help, best regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 01:22:22 am »
After deleting the "sode XML" file, does it recreate it, when P3D is launched again or not?

No, they are usually supplied by 3rd party installers or updaters, but can also come back if those scenery have a configuration utility that can let you choose between SODE or non-SODE jetways so, when you choose SODE jetways, the XML files will be reinstated.

Which means, if the objects called by those XML files are not there, or not visible in the simulator, SODE will create the red crosses to alert you.