Author Topic: afcad error  (Read 3787 times)

Sohail

afcad error
« on: November 04, 2020, 09:41:42 am »
whenever i go to any airport including trial airport when i press cntrl+f12 it says gsx could not find afcad data i have looked at the solutions from other forums but they havent helped. i have even reinstalled the gsx level 2 more than like 5 times and during installation an error saying error 1 about the patcher exe pops up and when i click ok it says something about the global scenery/scenery vehicle_airport.bgl so im thinking its something related to that error but im not sure and no turtorial has helped here is a copy of my coautl log. i am using FSX SE

Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0: The operation completed successfully: "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/fsx\files.bin" (system:0), accessing "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/fsx\files.bin"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 10:52:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: afcad error
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 10:56:01 am »
You failed to include all the log, since you omitted the first lines which contained the software version number, which are helpful to us to know if you are running the latest version or not. And, you should never "copy" the log in a post but, instead, ZIP the file and use the "Attach" function to attach it to a post, so we can sure it's not altered by the forum software.

In your case, it seems the problem is caused by not having write access to the GSX Programdata folder, most likely caused by the antivirus. Try this:

- Restart Windows

- Remove the whole C:\ProgramData\Virtuali when the simulator is NOT running.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning

- Run the FSDT Live Update, and try again.

Sohail

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 01:10:46 pm »
okay thanks i shall try these out and give you a response asap and sorry i had not know about the log thanks

Sohail

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 01:46:54 pm »
i tried the steps you gave but they did no work though as i said when ever i install the gsx there is always an error saying something like error 1 the patcher exe... and then after i click ok it shows me another error about the airport vehicle bgl under global/scenery so could the problem be caused due to this install error? and also under program data /virtuali/coautl the only file there is only one file named fsx that includes the scenery and before i deleted virtuali it had 2 files named fsx se and fsx , the fsx se file was empty so could there also be a problem here as well. i attached the coautl log zip below
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:48:31 pm by Sohail »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 10:40:07 pm »
when ever i install the gsx there is always an error saying something like error 1 the patcher exe... and then after i click ok it shows me another error about the airport vehicle bgl under global/scenery so could the problem be caused due to this install error?

Please make a precise report about these installer errors.

the only file there is only one file named fsx that includes the scenery and before i deleted virtuali it had 2 files named fsx se and fsx , the fsx se file was empty so could there also be a problem here as well. i attached the coautl log zip below

Please clarify *exactly* which simulator you use. If it's FSX, clarify if you have the Steam version and if you do, if it's installed alone, or together with regular version, it's possible all your problems are because you *used* to have the original FSX, then you installed FSX-SE, then you removed the original FSX, which results in all your registry keys messed up because, when you remove the original FSX after you installed FSX:SE, you must also uninstall and reinstall FSX:SE, and most users don't know that.

Sohail

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 08:16:56 am »
no i have not had any flight simulator apart from FSX SE which m currently using and i chose to install into the addon manger i also tried adding the icao code into addonmanager/coautl/gsx/airports but that also didnt work. this are the errors that come while installing i selected stand alone and fsx:se (both the installing options)and then these errors came while installing
'error 1 running c/programfiles86/addonmanager/patcher.exe which means incorrect function' and after i click ok this comes 'error patching c/programfiles86/dovetail games flight/microsoft flight simulator steam edition/global/scenery/vehicles_airport.bgl restoring from backup now'  and then after i click ok the 1st error of patcher exe repeats then after i click ok the second error of airport vehicle comes and then it repeats the 2 errors after i click ok 2 more times
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 08:38:20 am by Sohail »

Sohail

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 09:38:21 am »
and also now after i started my fsx and i went into a flight when i went to gsx then settings i got this error
'the following error occured while passing the configuration file c/users/user/appdata/roaming/virtuali/coautl.ini: the argument 8000000
log file =c/users/user/appdata/roaming/virtuali/coautl log for option airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes is invalid part of the file after the error will be ignored

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 12:54:35 pm »
and also now after i started my fsx and i went into a flight when i went to gsx then settings i got this error  'the following error occured while passing the configuration file c/users/user/appdata/roaming/virtuali/coautl.ini: the argument 8000000 log file =c/users/user/appdata/roaming/virtuali/coautl log for option airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes is invalid part of the file after the error will be ignored

That's because you edited this file by hand, made some kind of mistake on it. Just remove it and do it again ( correctly ) after you verified with no file you don't have any errors. You haven't attached your Couatl.ini file, so I can't tell you what you did wrong.

Sohail

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 01:40:38 pm »
i have attached the coautl ini is this the reason the gsx isnt working

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 02:43:00 pm »
You should have placed the two settings on two different lines.

Sohail

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 06:05:05 pm »
yes now after i made them 2 lines on the task bar the gsx has returned but the afcad error of saying gsx could not find any valid afcad data at this position,services not available is yet there

Sohail

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2020, 06:19:25 pm »
here is another log

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2020, 04:16:55 am »
here is another log

From your log:

couatl v3.2 (build 4061)

You are running a VERY old version of the program, which of course is not normally possible, since the FSDT Live Update always updates to the latest version, which for FSX is build 4469 ( so you are 400 versions behind... ). The most likely cause is your antivirus, which is both preventing to update, and blocking the airport cache too.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager from scanning.

- Considering your version is so old, I suggest to download the full GSX again.

Sohail

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2020, 06:28:50 am »
okay i will do that thanks