Author Topic: The new 64bit couatl destroyed my fps **NOT A GSX PROBLEM**  (Read 5778 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The new 64bit couatl destroyed my fps
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 12:07:41 am »
New problem now with Unlimited not locked FPS is 20-40fps that stutters every 5-10 seconds to 10fps.

Which is why I told you you should use Unlimited in the sim and, eventually, locked with the video card settings.

I have Activesky P3D and ASCA. Nothing else running.

As I've imagined. As I've said, weather engines are very demanding

I showed that the marshaller got stuck sometimes on arriving at a new airport, and you tell me nobody else reported it. But is that really a response? Just because nobody reports something does not mean it is not a problem or bug.

I'm not sure what do you mean with "showed". I said something, but you haven't show anything or made a precise, exact, report of where it happened and the precise, exact, sequence of operations you made. And with which airplane.

My stuttering may be something else, such as Activesky? I can try with no weather engine running this weekend.

Yes, try that.

I also found months ago something nobody else reported that your installer was installing to 2 different places every addon in my documents and programdata. I see now you have fixed that in the installers it is not appearing to do that.

The installer doesn't do anything like that, we haven't changed it or fixed it. You are confusing here two different things:

- The add-on.xml file, which ALWAYS stays in in the Documents\Prepar3d add-ons folder

- The *ACTIVATION* of *THAT* add-on.xml which is an entry in the add-on.CFG file, which be located EITHER in %PROGRAMDATA% OR %APPDATA%

Both the add-on.XML AND its entry in the add-on.CFG file must be present for an add-on to work, so it's wrong to say something in Documents and Programdata is a "problem". You probably are confusing here the two possible location for the entry in the add-on.CFG file instead, which I'll explain later on.

So I did find something that was a problem nobody else reported and in multiple posts here helped others who eventually had crashing issues that if they removed these double entries it installed that it would not crash their sims.

You haven't found anything, and there wasn't any problem on our installer or anything that you helped fixing it. It's just that you don't understand *exactly* how the add-on.xml location works. It's not your fault if you don't know that but please, stop saying our software has issues, when you don't know all the facts:

- When an INSTALLER ( any installer ), runs the P3D command lines facilities, the entry for that add-on is placed in the add-on.CFG that stays in %PROGRAMDATA%. This because installers usually runs with elevated permissions, since they need to install .DLLs, VC++ runtimes, etc. so this is entirely normal.

- When you remove the *whole* simulator without reinstalling add-ons ( so the add-on.xml in Documents is still there ), on the next reinstall, the simulator will trigger AUTODISCOVERY, which means it will re-create the entry for all your add-ons it finds in the Documents folder. THIS entry will located in the add-on.cfg in %APPDATA% instead. However, if you still have the previous entry created by our installer before you removed the sim, it might not have been removed, depending HOW you clean the simulator files with a a new reinstall. If you removed all settings in both %PROGRAMDATA% and %APPDATA%, which is what you should do when doing a clean reinstall, you should be fine.

So, in this case, you might end up with a double entry, which of course is NOT "created by our installer", but by the auto-discovery feature of the sim, and ONLY when you failed to clean ALL file locations following a clean reinstall, which wasn't so clean after all...

If there is a log I can send, or something else to try please tell me and I am happy to try to help find what is wrong with my sim. I will report back in some days when I can fly again without a weather engine if the stuttering and stuck marshaller are still here.

There's no log that can tell us if the stuttering is caused by another program, but of course you can turn if off to see if that was the problem. The stuck marshaller requires a proper report, so we can try to reproduce it.