Products Support > Vancouver CYVR support MSFS

LOC Courses at CYVR (MSFS) are misaligned **SOLVED**

<< < (11/13) > >>

lonewulf47:
I have flown 3 different ILS apporaches (08R, 13, 26R) and all showed correct behaviour, including correct auto-bearing in the G1000. The C172 with conventional instruments seems to have a bug in the A/P system. It was not able to track the ILS and veered off course. This was however only with the C172 with conventional instruments.

GeoNau:

--- Quote from: lonewulf47 on October 26, 2020, 07:46:47 pm ---I have flown 3 different ILS apporaches (08R, 13, 26R) and all showed correct behaviour, including correct auto-bearing in the G1000. The C172 with conventional instruments seems to have a bug in the A/P system. It was not able to track the ILS and veered off course. This was however only with the C172 with conventional instruments.

--- End quote ---

Which plane(s) did you try ? Even the default C172 with the G1000 has the same issues for me.

Also, I noticed something else wich is rather strange. If I select 26R for the departure I get placed at 08R but again, only if FSDT CYVR is installed.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: lonewulf47 on October 24, 2020, 01:02:05 pm ---There are a  few renowned (without mentioning a name) Developers with the same quality level as FSDT which do not use own Airport records.
--- End quote ---

Maybe you wanted to say "Runway record", rather than "Airport record" because, according to the .BGL standard ( and this is valid and unchanged from FSX to MSFS 2020 ), almost *everything* related to an airport is inside the Airport record, parking spots, taxiways, paths, aprons, etc. So no, it's impossible to make a custom airport without redefining the airport record, and every developer, regardless of its "quality level" will surely redefined it.

The thing that contains the ILS is the *Runway* record ( which is itself a *child* of the Airport record ), and I think I explained quite clearly why we redefined: to have custom textures, with custom Canadian-style runway numbers and markings, which are not possible to do without redefining the runway record and, as I've said already, quoting information that arrived directly from Asobo, if you don't attach the ILS to a redefined runway record, the auto-tune won't just set the wrong heading, it will just not work.

It's possible you haven't seen many 3rd party airports in *MSFS* that redefined the runway record, because maybe they felt they didn't had to customize the runway aspect OR they were located in a place where the Magvar is so small that won't be enough to cause a problem to the autopilot.

In any case, the problem is now history, since we changed the ILS to use MagVar in yesterday's update. Of course, I still think storing the ILS in magnetic is wrong, for all the obvious reasons I already discussed but, if that's how the sim works now, we can only comply...

GeoNau:
Just tried the update with the A320NX mod, no issues for 08R anymore, also no CTD.

Just one oddity, if I select 26R for the departure I still get placed at 26L.

lonewulf47:

--- Quote from: virtuali on October 27, 2020, 11:43:10 am ---Maybe you wanted to say "Runway record", rather than "Airport record" because, according to the .BGL standard ( and this is valid and unchanged from FSX to MSFS 2020 ), almost *everything* related to an airport is inside the Airport record, parking spots, taxiways, paths, aprons, etc. So no, it's impossible to make a custom airport without redefining the airport record, and every developer, regardless of its "quality level" will surely redefined it....

--- End quote ---

and thus smash the (basically perfect) priciple of having one common database to pieces... I really love that outlook... Nevertheless FSDT so far is the only Add-On designer using that. So far I have checked almost all of my 100+ AddOn airport BGLs for this Runway Record (you're right) and didn't find one single Designer using it. I keep an eye on that issue on all my new AddOn installs. No further discussion needed on this. Thanks for solving the problem on CYVR.

Oskar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version