Products Support > Vancouver CYVR support MSFS

LOC Courses at CYVR (MSFS) are misaligned **SOLVED**

<< < (4/13) > >>

virtuali:

--- Quote ---The localizers work correctly with the default airport.
--- End quote ---

I already provided some ideas why they might not work with an addon which, I'll repeat it again, has the CORRECT data.

--- Quote from: Michael2 on October 20, 2020, 12:13:41 am ---As it is, the addon isn't useable as a destination.
--- End quote ---

It obviously is, just select the CRS manually. If the airplane automatically select the wrong one because it has decided to ignore the CORRECT Magvar the scenery is provided with, it's a bug of the airplane.

I'll repeat it again: do you think it's a sensible idea to purposely include WRONG data in the scenery, just because the sim has a bug that seems to ignore the ILS Magvar ? There are clearly issues with this, some developers are reporting to Asobo a CTD if the scenery includes ILS data, so they ARE looking into that.

If a solution ( or a workaround ) doesn't come up shortly, we MIGHT decide to do the wrong data on the scenery, just to overcome the simulator bug with those airplanes that set course automatically with no chance to change it ( which they should, since it's clearly possible in real life ).

BPieke:
I also can report that not only is the Course off by 18 degrees, but the glideslope is off to the side.

This is flying a C172.. nothing "addon" there.

The original airport was correct, the addon airport incorrect..

Indeed, suggest you check with Asobo.. it makes your (otherwise nice) product look bad.

lonewulf47:

--- Quote from: virtuali on October 20, 2020, 12:32:50 am ---
...It obviously is, just select the CRS manually. If the airplane automatically select the wrong one because it has decided to ignore the CORRECT Magvar the scenery is provided with, it's a bug of the airplane.

--- End quote ---

Well, it should be clear by now that MSFS does NOT ALLOW to select a LOC course manually ! It's as simple as that. So with all MSFS aircraft using this standard feature it is simply not possible to change a course and therefore the airport at it's present state is not useable for ILS/LOC approaches. No problem with all other such as RNAV/RNP, as they are not ground based. I have reported this somewhat unpleasant feature as a bug to Zendesk long, long ago... Asobo simply copied it from Laminar's X-Plane but due to lack of any airmanship they thought that it was a good idea to make the figures rock steady  ;D

I should nevertheless add again that so far ALL OTHER AddOn airports (and I have lots of them, in fact all that are available at present, adding up to around 150) do not show this discrepancy. So, your assumption that only AddOn airports may be affected, may not be true. I'm presently checking with the SDK to find out what could be happening there. One idea might be that the MSFS database contains LOC data which are aligned to the magnetic bearing, which would be an unusual way. OTOH it would explain why the present LOC bearings are adding up the local variation -> +18° at CYVR, -4° at KORD.

Oskar

romoni:

--- Quote from: virtuali on October 20, 2020, 12:32:50 am ---
--- Quote ---The localizers work correctly with the default airport.
--- End quote ---

I already provided some ideas why they might not work with an addon which, I'll repeat it again, has the CORRECT data.

--- Quote from: Michael2 on October 20, 2020, 12:13:41 am ---As it is, the addon isn't useable as a destination.
--- End quote ---

It obviously is, just select the CRS manually. If the airplane automatically select the wrong one because it has decided to ignore the CORRECT Magvar the scenery is provided with, it's a bug of the airplane.

I'll repeat it again: do you think it's a sensible idea to purposely include WRONG data in the scenery, just because the sim has a bug that seems to ignore the ILS Magvar ? There are clearly issues with this, some developers are reporting to Asobo a CTD if the scenery includes ILS data, so they ARE looking into that.

If a solution ( or a workaround ) doesn't come up shortly, we MIGHT decide to do the wrong data on the scenery, just to overcome the simulator bug with those airplanes that set course automatically with no chance to change it ( which they should, since it's clearly possible in real life ).

--- End quote ---
Test this by Your self. Take a Cessna Caravan 208 with Garmin G1000 and see about what happening. Land to RWY 8L ILS 110.55 HDG 083° and explain to me that about how I set the Course to correct numbers.

Rolf

GeoNau:
There definately seems something to be wrong on Asobo's end as you already know as the wrong course is set at f.e. the A320 where we can't change it.

But even if I use the default Cessna or Carenado's M20R where I can set freq. and course on my own the plane flies to the side of the runways, I'm not sure if it's a parallel course to the runway or just a wrong course to the localizer beacon (or however it's called) ... because, even if I continue with the M20R on that bogus 100 or so degree course for 08R MSFS will crash short before I have the start of the runway to my left. This happens with the A320 as well as with the M20R.

I'm wondering if it will be the same for you as well ... and maybe that explains why some report CTD when flying around your CYVR. For me it's like hitting some invisble wall or something like this.

And BTW, even the default A320 works perfectly fine with the default CYVR, even although it still has the same preset 100° ILS course:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version