Products Support > Vancouver CYVR support MSFS

LOC Courses at CYVR (MSFS) are misaligned **SOLVED**

<< < (3/13) > >>

virtuali:

--- Quote from: lonewulf47 on October 19, 2020, 02:44:04 pm ---But still I would be interested in an explanation as to why on all other aiports (e.g. also Asobos own KJFK) the LOC Courses are depicted correctly.
--- End quote ---

I already offered some possible explanations:
There might be several explanations:

- The bug might only happen in add-on airports

- The default ILS database might not include Magvar in ILS and the airplane might use just the Magvar of the *airport* and assume it's the same for all ILS ( a reasonable assumption, yet the .BGL format requires to have Magvar for individual ILS too )

- Some add-on developer decided to purposely set the Magvar to 0. I believe we had 0 at KORD, but the Magvar there is very small ( I think it's 3 deg or so ), so you might not notice a problem like at CYVR.

But we'll surely ask Asobo about this. I really don't feel comfortable feeding wrong data on purpose, just to overcome a simulator bug that might be fixed at any time.

lonewulf47:
Ok then, let's wait for the outcome. For me at this stage of course CYVR is not useable for full IFR Approaches with a LOC standoff of 18°. Maybe someone in the whole MSFS theatre will come up with a solution. As for KORD: it is exactly the same issue, but - as you mentioned - the MagVar is only around -4° (-3.8W), the standoff is not so easily detectable, but still there.

Manny:

--- Quote from: Manny on October 18, 2020, 08:42:38 pm ---I just flew to CYVR ILS 26L and I was placed on a course like 100 feet or so to the right of the runway line.

--- End quote ---

Runway ILS 26L is a different issue. My heading seem right on the A320. I am parallel to the runway way to the right almost over the Terminal building

https://ibb.co/tHFRd61

lonewulf47:

--- Quote from: Manny on October 19, 2020, 07:58:07 pm ---Runway ILS 26L is a different issue. My heading seem right on the A320. I am parallel to the runway way to the right almost over the Terminal building

https://ibb.co/tHFRd61

--- End quote ---
I don't think so. Unfortunately your screenshot is of no great value as there is no view to the PFD and ND. For proper judgement the view to the instruments is essential.

Oskar

Michael2:
The localizers work correctly with the default airport.  I am using an aircraft I am developing and I am manually setting the course and tuning the frequency, if that is any help.

As it is, the addon isn't useable as a destination.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version