Author Topic: No animated passengers or crew boarding/deboarding  (Read 3828 times)

JohannJ2019

No animated passengers or crew boarding/deboarding
« on: October 12, 2020, 12:02:03 pm »
Hello guys,
I have noticed that when boarding or deboarding at stands located very close to terminal buildings but without jetways, I cannot see animated passengers. In real life passengers walk to/from the terminal without the need of using a bus. Is there any way to fix that? Thanks
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 12:22:23 pm by JohannJ2019 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: No animated passengers or crew boarding/deboarding
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 12:46:57 pm »
Just to confirm you do have GSX Level 2? You didn't specify this.
Captain Kevin

JohannJ2019

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 04:37:17 pm »
Sorry about that. Yes, GSX L2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 04:49:53 pm »
Is GSX L2 Active ( not in Trial ) ?

JohannJ2019

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 07:09:50 pm »
It's activated. It works perfectly on stands with jetways, it works perfectly on remote stands(incl.cargo stands). The issue is when the stands (without jetways) are close to the terminal building. For example: EHAM stand H1,2,3,4 those stands are very close to the building. In real life passengers should reach the terminal or the aircraft on feet, no bus is needed. In situations like this GSX is not showing passengers. BIKF airport stand 10 is also very close to the terminal building and no jetway there(in real life pax walk from aircraft into the terminal and no bus is needed).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 10:47:10 am »
GSX doesn't know anything about "how close" a stand is to a terminal, it doesn't know anything about the airport buildings, the only thing it "sees" is the scenery AFCAD and ( if you have one ) a GSX profile for that airport.

If the GSX profile for that airport has been altered to set the option to disable the passenger Bus, no Bus will come ( that's what the option does ), and if there's no Bus, no passengers will come either.

This is entirely normal, because right now GSX doesn't support passengers walking directly to a terminal, it's will be a fairly complex update that will also require a fairly long customization work in GSX, since for each parking stand you'll have to edit the path the passengers will take to the terminal entry, which cannot be calculated automatically, since there's no such thing as a "entry terminal door" in the scenery specification, so it must be made manually, for each gate. We already have all the capabilities in GSX to have passenger walking everywhere, which we shown in both O'Hare and Basel, where passengers walk around terminals and even climb stairs, so it wouldn't be difficult to have them in GSX too ( in fact, it's GSX that is creating those at KORD/LFSB ), it's just their path cannot be calculated automatically, not without having users complain passengers took strange path, walking into objects, jetways or vehicles so, the only option that would really work is to create those paths manually for each gate at each airport, which is a huge task.

So, right now, we just have the option to disable the Bus, which you maybe used thinking it would automatically cause passengers to walk to the terminal, but the only thing it does right now, is to disable the Bus, which will in turn disable passengers.

JohannJ2019

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 01:36:09 pm »
This is entirely normal, because right now GSX doesn't support passengers walking directly to a terminal, it's will be a fairly complex update that will also require a fairly long customization work in GSX, since for each parking stand you'll have to edit the path the passengers will take to the terminal entry, which cannot be calculated automatically, since there's no such thing as a "entry terminal door" in the scenery specification, so it must be made manually, for each gate.
Thank you so much for your message. This answer my question. So in these cases GSX just automatically deactivate the bus.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 02:51:52 pm »
Thank you so much for your message. This answer my question. So in these cases GSX just automatically deactivate the bus.
I don't know if automatic would be the right word to use, but if you set that particular parking spot to have the bus disabled, the bus will be disabled. In your screenshot, it states that the bus is disabled at that gate.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 01:44:57 am »
So in these cases GSX just automatically deactivate the bus.

That's not what I said.

There's an option in the scenery customization page to disable the Bus, but GSX never tries to set it by itself. It's only set by users, or might possibly come with a GSX profile supplied by a 3rd party scenery developer together with its scenery.

JohannJ2019

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 01:58:45 am »
Since I didn't disable the bus at this stand or any other stand with same situation, I assume that GSX disable the bus automatically or somehow the scenery itself (something I don't know). But as you can see on the last picture,  it's GSX itself telling me that bus has been disabled.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 01:19:43 pm »
Since I didn't disable the bus at this stand or any other stand with same situation, I assume that GSX disable the bus automatically or somehow the scenery itself (something I don't know). But as you can see on the last picture,  it's GSX itself telling me that bus has been disabled.
If you downloaded a GSX profile for that airport, it's possible that whoever made that profile disabled the bus. I did see the message that the bus is disabled in your screenshot.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 09:41:35 pm »
I assume that GSX disable the bus automatically or somehow the scenery itself (something I don't know).

But since I already replied to you it doesn't, you should safely assume it doesn't.

But as you can see on the last picture,  it's GSX itself telling me that bus has been disabled.

Which is precisely why I said:

If the GSX profile for that airport has been altered to set the option to disable the passenger Bus, no Bus will come ( that's what the option does ), and if there's no Bus, no passengers will come either.

You might not have done that, but you might have downloaded a GSX profile the author set that way. Or the scenery author included a GSX profile with the scenery. I ASSURE you that option is:

- NOT default, it requires to be explicitly set

- NOT set by GSX automatically

JohannJ2019

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 04:26:24 am »
Yes that's correct. It has to do with the gsx profile for the airport. Thank you for your time. Appreciated 😊