Author Topic: GSX Customization with mouse in P3D V.4.5 AND jetway customization  (Read 1670 times)

Alfraso

Hello,

With GSX Level 2 Expansion and P3D V4.5, editing of vehicles, jetways, etc. is now done using the mouse. Precise positioning is quite difficult, but editing with the keyboard is no longer possible (F1 keys and other function keys as well as the use of the numeric keyboard have no effect).

Do you have a solution?

Also, I can no longer edit SODE XML Jetways even following the BGL exclusion procedure as shown in the video in this forum. Jetways are well excluded in the GSX Level 2 control Panel and compiled but when loading P3D, I still have the message « Parking has 1 SODE XML jetway » and therefore cannot customize the jetways. (all in grey)

Thank you for your answer and yours.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Customization with mouse in P3D V.4.5 AND jetway customization
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 03:29:20 pm »
With GSX Level 2 Expansion and P3D V4.5, editing of vehicles, jetways, etc. is now done using the mouse. Precise positioning is quite difficult, but editing with the keyboard is no longer possible (F1 keys and other function keys as well as the use of the numeric keyboard have no effect).

The mouse editing is done with the mouse as an EXTRA option, but keyboard editing is of course still available, and we haven't changed anything to it. If they keyboard commands do not work for you, the most common issue is another add-on that is trying to use the same keys, so there's a conflict.

The most common case of add-on causing conflicts to the normal slew keys used by GSX editor, are 3rd party camera utilities, which should be disabled or configured to use other keys.

Also, I can no longer edit SODE XML Jetways even following the BGL exclusion procedure as shown in the video in this forum. Jetways are well excluded in the GSX Level 2 control Panel and compiled but when loading P3D, I still have the message « Parking has 1 SODE XML jetway » and therefore cannot customize the jetways. (all in grey)

I don't know why you are use the term "I can no longer" referring to SODE XML jetway editing, as if you were able to do that before and now you can't. GSX NEVER allowed to edit gates SODE XML jetways and SODE XML jetways cannot be Excluded using the GSX Control Panel Exclude file method, only standard CTRL+J jetways can be excluded that what.

The one and only way to remove SODE XML jetways has always been to remove their own XML file from the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml folder when the simulator is not running so, after the next restart, GSX will consider the scenery not having any kind of jetways, and will let you add GSX L2's ones.