Author Topic: GSXL2 - FSX - Prosim737  (Read 3043 times)

skywalker-50

GSXL2 - FSX - Prosim737
« on: October 04, 2020, 07:06:58 am »
Hi,

I am using GSXL2 with FSX and ProSim737-800_Pro Flight Model (Prosim737 software suite).

All is working OK of except for to issues:

1.   It appear the passengers bus always stops between the two stairs
        Is any possibility to modify the passenger bus stop position?

2.   I can open EXIT-1 (Shift+E+1), but I can’t open the Cargo doors, the Shift+E+2, Shift+E+3 doesn’t work.
        Any suggestion how to open these exits?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.
Skywalker-50

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSXL2 - FSX - Prosim737
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 10:32:48 pm »
   It appear the passengers bus always stops between the two stairs

Yes, that's how it should be.

Is any possibility to modify the passenger bus stop position?

No. Why this is a problem ?

2.   I can open EXIT-1 (Shift+E+1), but I can’t open the Cargo doors, the Shift+E+2, Shift+E+3 doesn’t work. Any suggestion how to open these exits?

Not sure how this has anything to do with GSX. The airplane.cfg in *conjunction* with the actual airplane 3d model are the only two things that controls which door can be opened and which key command ( if any ) they respond to. Nothing in GSX will change that, GSX will only ( if properly configured ) try to know if a door is opened or not, but it won't change the way you open it.

skywalker-50

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 08:27:15 am »
Thank you Virtuali for you reply.

No. Why this is a problem ?

First of all, please note that I am NOT pointing out any problem with GSX.

My simulator (Win 7, FSX-PROSIM-GSXL2) has a virtual cockpit with180 degrees FOV front view only; therefore I cannot see beyond the 180 degrees in both sides of the cockpit.

It would be great if I could re-allocate the passenger's bus a bit further up to the plane front, or in front of the front passenger’s stairs (exit-1).

Then, I would be able to see the crew and passengers boarding and deboarding in this type of gates from the cockpit.

Not sure how this has anything to do with GSX

Again, I am NOT pointing out that it is GSX issue.

I understood this is an open forum where I could ask the members for any help, support or suggestion. This is not an unusual question in forums to ask for “how to open the Cargo’ doors”.

I guessed some forum’s member may already figure out how to do it and, they may be willing to share their experience, it would be very much appreciated.

Best regards
skywalke-50

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 10:27:22 am »
Does the aircraft not come with a manual that tells you how to do this? I don't have the ProSim 737, so I can't help you, but I would have thought it would have came with a manual of some sorts.
Captain Kevin

skywalker-50

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 03:39:08 am »
Hi Cpt. Kavin,

Thank you for your comment.

Yes, there is a Manual about the Prosim Flight Model but, there is not enough information on how to operate the doors (exits) in conjunction with GSXL2.

I already unsuccessfully tried their forum. That why I decided to look for help/support in this forum.

Best regards.
skywalker

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 06:58:04 am »
Yes, there is a Manual about the Prosim Flight Model but, there is not enough information on how to operate the doors (exits) in conjunction with GSXL2.
This sentence is confusing me. GSX doesn't control the doors at all, so the opening of the doors would be controlled by the aircraft itself. The only way GSX gets involved is if you're doing a turnaround and you set GSX to check if the doors are open or closed, but that has nothing to do with being able to control the doors.
Captain Kevin

skywalker-50

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 03:28:16 am »
Hi again Cpt Kevin,

Finally I have the time to reply to your comments.

I do not understand why you said: “…sentence is confusing me”, I think it is very clear, there is an aircraft manual but it doesn’t include details how the doors (exit) operate when working with GSXL2.

Only the “SHIFT+E+1” works opening the main passenger door, but I can’t open any other doors including cargo doors.

I do not have any technical knowledge of these products and how they operate. Therefore I do not know who is controlling what “GSX” or “FSX” or “Prosim Model”.

When you said “….if you're doing a turnaround and you set GSX to check….”, I do not know what are you referring to. I have not modified/edit any configuration file or how it should be done. If I knew of any work-around I wouldn’t post any question.

Thank you

Best regards.
skywalker

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 09:04:18 am »
What I am trying to tell you is that GSX does not control the doors at all. The aircraft manual should tell you how to open the aircraft doors. There is no separate method of opening the doors when using GSX, it's just whatever the aircraft uses to open the doors. It might be helpful to read the GSX manual to get a better understanding of what GSX does and how it works since it sounds like you're not quite understanding how it's supposed to work or what GSX actually does.
Captain Kevin