Author Topic: GSX Issue after last update  (Read 8802 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Issue after last update
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 10:09:11 pm »
Your error log shows you don't have all the latest files in the Live Update.

- Be sure you don't have a firewall blocking the Live Update program

- Configure the antivirus to add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder to its exclusions.

Nap Qdr

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 10:51:05 pm »
Your error log shows you don't have all the latest files in the Live Update.

- Be sure you don't have a firewall blocking the Live Update program

- Configure the antivirus to add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder to its exclusions.

LMAO dude, seriously, you need to read all the comments, because we all said we don't have an anti virus and we already added the folder to Windows Security and Firewall.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 10:53:36 pm »
LMAO dude, seriously, you need to read all the comments, because we all said we don't have an anti virus and we already added the folder to Windows Security and Firewall.

Maybe it might be funny you but, the log file is there for a reason, and is telling otherwise so, it would be best if you just trust what I'm saying, because that's the one and only reason for that particular error I see in the log.

Nap Qdr

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2020, 11:02:28 pm »

Maybe it might be funny you but, the log file is there for a reason, and is telling otherwise so, it would be best if you just trust what I'm saying, because that's the one and only reason for that particular error I see in the log.

What do you mean? I already added everything as an exclusion and it's not working. My pc is new, I have nothing else but the game and I'm telling you, this happened after the last update. Everything was working fine before.
Now, I'm gonna try what people has been saying because the support of the product that I payed for, is not helping.

I'll keep you informed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2020, 11:09:08 pm »
Due to the lack of support from Virtuali, I suggest you start a career at FSDT.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. That solution WAS suggested by our supposed "lack of support", right on the RELEASE NOTES!

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

NOTE: If you have issues with the 64 bit version, and would like to go back to use the previous 32 bit version in P3D4/5, change the Path tag in the Documents\Prepar3d Addons\ADD-ON.XML file:

Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_P3D.exe

change it to:

Addon Manager\couatl\couatl.exe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 11:12:16 pm »
this happened after the last update. Everything was working fine before.

Sometimes it happens after an update because, sometimes the antivirus freaks out "just" because the program has been updated.

Now, I'm gonna try what people has been saying because the support of the product that I payed for, is not helping

I don't know what you are referring to about that other users tried. Support here is giving you a solution that will work.

Of course, I only had to guess in your case because, opposite to other users that DID post their error log ( which clearly indicated they didn't had the latest files ), you haven't posted any so, I can only provide you with the most common suggestion.

Nap Qdr

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 11:26:54 pm »
Now it's working after changing the Path in add-on config inside the FSDreamteam Addon Manager Folder, thank you all!

Guggibob

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2020, 09:09:49 pm »
So, if so, I have to apologize for my post, but actually I did not found the solution for this problem here in the forum. But will there be a chance, that we don't have to do the changes manually, but within the updater?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:50:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2020, 10:52:31 pm »
So, if so, I have to apologize for my post, but actually I did not found the solution for this problem here in the forum. But will there be a chance, that we don't have to do the changes manually, but within the updater?

No, because the updater correctly updates to the correct version for your simulator: that is 64 bit on a P3D 64 bit. This solution is only an emergency in case you have problems.

So, before trying that, it would be best if you re-enable the 64 bit version and try again, after being sure, absolutely sure and 101% sure you have:

- prevented the firewall from blocking the updater

- configured the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusions list

Guggibob

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 07:09:09 pm »

No, because the updater correctly updates to the correct version for your simulator: that is 64 bit on a P3D 64 bit. This solution is only an emergency in case you have problems.

So, before trying that, it would be best if you re-enable the 64 bit version and try again, after being sure, absolutely sure and 101% sure you have:

- prevented the firewall from blocking the updater

- configured the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusions list

I am a little bit scared to try this. In my opinion a dog with three legs runs better, than a dead one.  :-\ :-\ And cause I am a fool, I tried it. And I swear, I disabled Windows 10 Firewall and all of my P3D Staff is in the Antivirus Exclusion List. But it didn't work. I started P3D V4 and Coautl is not active. So what is going wrong? The dog is dead and I spent another hour with reanimating him.
This is, how my addon.xml looks like:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>FsDreamTeam Addon Manager</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>FsDreamTeam Support software</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>DLL</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\bglmanx64.dll</Path>
    <DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scripts</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Scripts</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Sound</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Sound</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_P3D.exe</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

I also figured out, that when I doubleclick on couatl.exe, the scripting engine runs and can be found in Task Manager. When I doubleclick on Couatl64.exe nothing happens and the scripting enigine does not appear in the task manager.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:41:24 pm by Guggibob »