Author Topic: gsx 2 jetway cannot operate because of deboarding  (Read 1692 times)

airone

gsx 2 jetway cannot operate because of deboarding
« on: October 16, 2020, 08:20:47 pm »
hello umberto. i`m sure, your software is a big pain in the ass. but i have a bug. when deboarding, i cannot operate my gsx 2 jetway. it starts to expose "waiting until *something* is complete" behaviour. it is so stupid - isn`t it? with a great pleasure.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: gsx 2 jetway cannot operate because of deboarding
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 10:13:21 pm »
I think the bigger question is why was the jetway retracted in the first place. Normally, when you request deboarding, it would ask you what you want to do with the jetway, and it would position the jetway before the deboarding starts. In any event, I'm not sure why you think it's a bug that the jetway can't be operated with deboarding taking place. If it allowed you to operate the jetway as you please with deboarding taking place, what's stopping you from pulling the jetway away from the plane as passengers are exiting the aircraft. Bad things would happen if you did that.
Captain Kevin

airone

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 09:20:40 pm »
i have selected a proper jetway when i was asked about it, just prior to deboarding. but it didn`t attach.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 03:41:31 pm »
Are you using an airplane that controls GSX by itself ? Does it happen if you use GSX manually ?