Author Topic: Live update still not working correctly  (Read 5201 times)

vivalasvegas

Live update still not working correctly
« on: September 27, 2020, 12:16:50 am »
When I run live update it stops with an error message "unhandled exception has occurred in your application." It stops at step 10 of 372. I read here that removing the file QlmLicenseLib.dll from 2 locations might solve the problem.  I did this however live update still stopped with the same error and the file that was removed came back!!  So it still is not working.  Should I continue and force live update to complete? I don't want to mess up my FSDT files. This is the first problem I ever had with Live Update! I am using W7 with FSX.

Thanks for any help!
Vivalasvegas

wde12

Re: Live update still not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 04:18:28 pm »
I have the exact same problem. Can't figure out what to do. I tried Umberto's rec (restart, then go find files and delete). But when I went to the folder, those two dll files were not there.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 04:29:09 pm by wde12 »

raman93

• For configuration information of FSX;see signature
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 08:32:58 am »
Good day,
Experiencing same issue. tried the method suggested of the 2 file deletion, however issue still exists. Awaiting resolution.
attached error details & snapshots for reference.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 08:46:00 am by raman93 »
Following is the configuration of FSX and GSX.
1.FSX STEAM EDITION
2.REX extreme with overdrive installed.
3.REX World Wide Airport HD texture installed
3.Using default airport scenery across all airports in FSX.
4. GSX has been updated to the latest version.

vivalasvegas

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 09:15:22 pm »
Hello:

Hopefully we get an answer soon!  What do you think would happen if you just selected "continue?"  Would the FSDT updates be installed or would the update just stop?  I am concerned about continuing because it might cause issues requiring lots of fixes and hassles!!

Vivalasvegas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 11:22:42 pm »
Hopefully we get an answer soon! 

This has been already answered and solved in the thread named "Couatl Live Update error **SOLVED**"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24253.msg161126.html#msg161126

raman93

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 06:57:19 am »
Hello:

Hopefully we get an answer soon!  What do you think would happen if you just selected "continue?"  Would the FSDT updates be installed or would the update just stop?  I am concerned about continuing because it might cause issues requiring lots of fixes and hassles!!

Vivalasvegas

Nothing happens when you click continue, the updater stops at step 10.

Hopefully we get an answer soon! 

This has been already answered and solved in the thread named "Couatl Live Update error **SOLVED**"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24253.msg161126.html#msg161126

Regret. this method was tried already, but didn't solve the problem. Issue still exists.
Kindly advise.
1.FSX STEAM EDITION

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 10:42:41 am »
Nothing happens when you click continue, the updater stops at step 10.

I cannot replicate the problem, and every user that had it before confirmed it was fixed as explained in the linked thread. Be sure you follow the steps, including rebooting windows, be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder and be sure you don't have a firewall blocking some of the the download.

However, you don't say anything about your settings. The OP said he uses Windows 7, are you too ?

raman93

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 11:11:21 am »
Guys,

Please check your addon manager folder. you must find a new couatl- updater2 exe file. Try running it . I also noticed that  a new exe file is in place. i was using the old couatl updater due to which the error showed.
Attached snapshot for reference.
1.FSX STEAM EDITION

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 02:31:15 pm »
i was using the old couatl updater due to which the error showed.

Could be you used a previous GSX Beta ( sometimes we released public beta versions to try ) ?

If yes, that would explain why you had an old updater: the Couatl_updater.exe, which is the one you are supposed to ALWAYS use, is supposed to automatically download the Couatl_updater2.exe and start it ( it doesn't do anything else ) but, if you installed a BETA Couatl_updater, it will download the BETA Couatl_Updater2 from the Beta server, which is not updated to the latest version, it will be only in case we'll ever start a new public Beta.

You can recognize a Beta updater because it has a Beta indication on the window name on top. The only way to get rid of a Beta updater, is to remove it manually, and reinstall a non-Beta FSDT product, or download it from this direct link:

http://update.fsdreamteam.com/setup/fsdtroot/Couatl_Updater.exe

vivalasvegas

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 03:47:25 am »
Thanks raman93!  I ran the Couatl_updater2.exe in the addon manager folder and it ran successfully. The icon properties on my desktop indicates the updater2 exe file was created April 19, 2020.  Did I use the right one?  FYI I am running FSX.

Thanks!
vivalasvegas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 01:46:41 pm »
I ran the Couatl_updater2.exe in the addon manager folder and it ran successfully. The icon properties on my desktop indicates the updater2 exe file was created April 19, 2020.  Did I use the right one?  FYI I am running FSX.

Your Updater is old.

This because you should NEVER run the Couatl_updater2.exe but, instead, run the Couatl_updater.exe ( there IS a reason why we put a link to it on your Desktop, so you don't run the wrong one by mistake ), because what the Couatl_updater.exe does, is to download the latest updater2 and start it. If you keep launching the Couatl_updater2, it cannot "overwrite itself", so you will always get the version which came with the product you installed.

ALWAYS run the Couatl_updater.exe, which has a shortcut on your Desktop, and read my previous post about possibly having a Beta version still installed, which can only be updated manually, with the link I provided.

vivalasvegas

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 11:41:36 pm »
Hello Umberto:

1. I used the link you provided to get the latest updater and placed it on my desktop.  The properties indicated a creation date of 10/1/20. 
2. I then rebooted windows and deleted the 2 Qlmlib files you stated in the other post.
3. I ran the updater again.  It appeared like the updater updated more items then before, but it still stopped with the same error message other people identified in this post.

I don't have a "beta" version of any FSDT scenery that I know of.
So I am still stuck!  So far I am still able to run all my FSDT scenery except KJFK V2 which has no SODE jetways.

Thanks for your help!

Vivalasvegas

vivalasvegas

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 01:58:22 am »
Umberto:

I copied the live updater file from my desktop to the addon folder to overwrite the existing file and it ran successfully with no errors.  So I might be ok now.

The only issue I have now are the default jetways in KJFK V2.  Not sure what happened to the SODE jetways I had before.  Should I just download the scenery again and install?

Thanks again!
Vivalasvegas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2020, 11:00:21 pm »
I copied the live updater file from my desktop to the addon folder to overwrite the existing file and it ran successfully with no errors.  So I might be ok now.

Which is strange, since there's no Couatl_updater "file" anywhere in your Desktop ( unless you place it manually there ), our installer will only place a shortcut TO the Couatl_updater.exe in the Addon Manager folder.

The only issue I have now are the default jetways in KJFK V2.  Not sure what happened to the SODE jetways I had before.  Should I just download the scenery again and install?

Be sure you remove any GSX profile you might have created from *before* we added SODE jetways to JFK. The file might be located here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\KJFK*.INI