Author Topic: USING embedded stairs option  (Read 7605 times)

Butch

USING embedded stairs option
« on: September 11, 2020, 07:38:40 pm »
It's me again.

I have tried to use the embedded stairs for a DC-3 and as a result, the passengers with deplane in a peculiar fashion.
The images should explain things. The passengers will drop to the ground then climb air stairs then find where the ladder is
and will go exit down the stairs. I am using the 32 bit version of GSX2 as I use P3D V3.4 AND P3D v4.5 (64 bit) - After I click on embedded stairs.
the customise 3D editor, the first icon to appear is the PAX - I press the Num 9 key and the stairs start appears, using the num keys, I will position
the start then press num 9 and the stairs stop icon appears. I position it and then press "Y" and then I will opt for the pax deboard option and watch
the way the passengers leave the plane - see attached images.  I use P3 DV4.5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: USING embedded stairs option
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 07:53:25 pm »
What is the problem, exactly ? The viewing angle of your screenshot doesn't make very easy to understand what's going on. It would be more useful if you posted the images of the airplane editor, showing door, and start and end so, it should be 3 screenshots.

Butch

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 08:27:43 pm »
What is the problem, exactly ? The viewing angle of your screenshot doesn't make very easy to understand what's going on. It would be more useful if you posted the images of the airplane editor, showing door, and start and end so, it should be 3 screenshots.

Here ya' go.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 11:28:04 pm »
You missed the most important shot, the one of the airplane door, it's not easy to judge it just looking at the numbers, it's best to see the actual pointer. Also, your viewing angle doesn't make it easy to see, but from the coordinates I can see the Start and End are not aligned very well, the numbers says they are 26 centimeters apart. If the stair is straight, the start and end point should be aligned.

Butch

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 12:55:44 am »
You missed the most important shot, the one of the airplane door, it's not easy to judge it just looking at the numbers, it's best to see the actual pointer. Also, your viewing angle doesn't make it easy to see, but from the coordinates I can see the Start and End are not aligned very well, the numbers says they are 26 centimeters apart. If the stair is straight, the start and end point should be aligned.

I hope this shot of the airplane door is what you wanted.

About the only shot I can give you and the one I use for setting the start stop ladder settings is from the spot view.

I have a custom "Free camera" view that was made for me. 

The passengers will drop to under the aircraft then make a turn to climb (Air) stairs then exit out the embedded stairs.

Butch

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 01:15:10 am »
I reset the aircraft config and use the pax1 with no embedding and you can see results in my shots.

Notice as the passengers descend halfway down the ladder they turn around and face the door then when the are on the tarmac they face the bus and walk towards it.

At least they didn't drop to the tarmac and then climb back into the aircraft then exit down the stairs.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 01:17:04 am by Butch »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 10:26:57 am »
I assume when he asked for a screenshot of the door, he meant in the GSX editor to tell GSX where the door is supposed to be, much like you did for the top and bottom of the stairs.
Captain Kevin

Butch

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 02:10:44 pm »
I assume when he asked for a screenshot of the door, he meant in the GSX editor to tell GSX where the door is supposed to be, much like you did for the top and bottom of the stairs.

THis is about the only other shot I can think of that is needed otherwise....I'm confused.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 03:21:47 pm »
And if you click Customize in 3D Editor, what do you get.
Captain Kevin

Butch

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 04:14:04 pm »
And if you click Customize in 3D Editor, what do you get.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 04:17:52 pm »
THis is about the only other shot I can think of that is needed otherwise....I'm confused.

That's what the problem is, this airplane has never been configured ( see the red warning about not having a config file ), so the door is in the wrong position.

Butch

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 05:42:32 pm »

That's what the problem is, this airplane has never been configured ( see the red warning about not having a config file ), so the door is in the wrong position.

When you see that pax icon, I  do config the plane by hittng the Num 9 key which activates the ladder start icon,I move that to were the top of the ladder is then I hit the Num 9 key
again which triggers the ladder bottom icon, I then move the icon to where the base of the ladder is. (This all has been presented here before in screen shots ^). After I conclude with all this
I hit the Y key and as far as I can tell by the instructions, the door location has been configured. Isn't that the way I am supposed to do this? When I first hit the 3d edit key, the first icon
to appear is the Pax Icon, I cycle to the stair upper icon using the num 9 key, an so on and so forth till the coordinates of the ladder has been inputted to the GSX cfg file.

If there is a better way of doing this then I am interested in a better way to do this......

Edit: I don't see the red warning you mentioned, however, I did input the location of the stairs to GSX. The shot I showed you here is a new one that never was set up.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 05:47:41 pm by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 06:06:08 pm »
Edit: I don't see the red warning you mentioned, however, I did input the location of the stairs to GSX. The shot I showed you here is a new one that never was set up.

It's right there in the screenshot you posted. It says "WARNING: Airplane not yet configured". Which means you haven't configured anything or, maybe, forgot to press "Save".

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 06:18:47 pm »
https://i.postimg.cc/cHQTxnYB/Capture.jpg
Okay, look closer at the screenshot. You'll see that as far as GSX is concerned, the door is on the bottom of the plane by the main landing gear. You need to actually move it to where the physical door is.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 07:44:05 pm by virtuali »
Captain Kevin

Butch

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 06:35:15 pm »
https://i.postimg.cc/cHQTxnYB/Capture.jpg
Okay, look closer at the screenshot. You'll see that as far as GSX is concerned, the door is on the bottom of the plane by the main landing gear. You need to actually move it to where the physical door is.

I did move it. In my next post I will show you a scratch play by play of events,
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 07:44:20 pm by virtuali »