Author Topic: GSX & GSX Level 2 on same PC  (Read 4843 times)

wxman16

GSX & GSX Level 2 on same PC
« on: September 07, 2020, 10:41:29 am »

I have FSX and P3dv4.5 installed on same PC. I have GSX & GSX Level 2 installed and used it mainly on FSX. I recently obtain P3dv4.5 and was thinking of using GSX & GSX Level 2 for P3dv4.5 as well. My question is, is there any problem using the GSX & GSX Level 2 I already installed for FSX?? Meaning, can I use the same GSX & GSX Level 2 installer that I used for FSX and use it for P3dv4.5 or do I need to purchase the GSX & GSX Level 2 installer for P3dv4.5??

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX & GSX Level 2 on same PC
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 02:11:30 pm »
You don't need to make a new purchase, but you do need to download the 64-bit installer for P3D since P3D V4 is a 64-bit program, and FSX is a 32-bit program, so they use different installers.
Captain Kevin

wxman16

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 08:18:40 pm »

Do I need to download both the GSX and GSX2 installer or would downloading the GSX2 installer be ok??
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:20:24 pm by wxman16 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 08:21:08 pm »
Do I need to download both the GSX and GSX2 installer or would downloading the GSX2 installer be ok??

There's no such thing as two separate installers. There's just one installer, the Level 2 features will activate only depending on your license.

wxman16

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 09:26:39 pm »
I don't think it answered my question unless I'm having a brain fart, lol. If I download the GSX2 installer for P3dv4 and install it, does it come with the base GSX as well??? I'm looking at your website and it says that I need to have the GSX base installed in order to have/installed GSX2. I think its a little confusing, do you think??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 10:13:54 pm »
If I download the GSX2 installer for P3dv4 and install it, does it come with the base GSX as well???

It's not confusing, if you check better, you'll realize the links for the GSX installer are exactly the SAME because, as I've said, there's just one installer.

I'm looking at your website and it says that I need to have the GSX base installed in order to have/installed GSX2. I think its a little confusing, do you think??

The website doesn't say anything like that. In fact, when the installer is concerned, it says exactly the opposite, over the download link:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

Full GSX installer Includes Level 2 Expansion

And the same, exact, link, with the same exact description is also on the GSX L2 page, which is supposed to mean you don't have to install anything else or look for a separate installer because, they are the SAME, and the GSX L2 installation files are INCLUDED in the installer. The only installer there is.

When the site says you need the base GSX for the Expansion to work, it doesn't mean you need to "INSTALL" it first. It says you the base GSX must be ACTIVE, meaning you need to have a LICENSE for the base GSX.

When you buy GSX you get an activation key for it. When you buy GSX L2, you get a DIFFERENT activation key for L2. As I've said in my previous post, in order to have the L2 features, you must have the base GSX activated, with its own key.

To explain it even more completely:

- You install with the ONLY installer we have, which includes all GSX L2 FILES so, no need to download or install anything else.

- GSX activated with a GSX key, will work perfectly fine, with the basic GSX features. L2 features will be in Trial

- When you activate the GSX L2 with its own ( separate ) activation key, the L2 features will become active. No need to download or install anything.

- If you activate only GSX L2 with its own key, but you don't activate the base GSX, neither will work. THIS is what the site means when saying "you need to have the base GSX ACTIVE"

wxman16

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 11:43:26 pm »
ok, got it installed and works now. Now time to add the FSdreamteam scenery in P3dv4 as well. thank you.

kilojulet

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 04:44:37 pm »
I recently downloaded GSX 2 expansion after having GSX on my FSX steam and when I activated it and went into my flight sim to addons it shows GSX but dos'nt let me do anything.I would be grateful for any help in trying to sort the problem out, as I don't know if its a fault by the way I downloaded it but the first GSX I bought has not been working for a while. I have tried to delete every thing and then restore but still dos'nt work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 07:57:07 pm »
Please clarify what do you mean with "doesn't let me do anything", like what you are trying to do, what errors or messages you see, etc.

kilojulet

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 06:26:23 pm »
Hi, when I go into fsx and addon GSX is there but it doesn't open for some reason, any advice will be deeply grateful.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 11:26:02 am »
Hi, when I go into fsx and addon GSX is there but it doesn't open for some reason, any advice will be deeply grateful.

Please clarify which of the several GSX menus you used, and if all of them can't be opened or only some.

kilojulet

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 03:26:20 pm »
Hi, when I enter fsx and goto addons and scroll down I see addon manager then counting settings which if yo go into has Restart Couati,and rebuild airport cache. Then when you come out of that and down it says Countisbury Live Update, and when you go into it,it says disable adding, and check live update. And finally when you come out of that and downyou have GSX, and you go into that it has disable addon, settings, Customize aircraft, and show show GSX menu by-passing you control. All these work but I don't seem to be able to call for stairs,baggage hadlers, catteries, fuel truck, passengers, and pilots and crew etc,I hope you can help many thanks.