Developer's Backdoor > GSX Backdoor

First GSX Preview for MSFS

<< < (10/11) > >>

airbumps:
Hi Umburto,

Any chance of some new preview pics?

Cheers

virtuali:
As explained in other threads/forums, the GSX code is basically done and working, but now we'll have to start the very long work of redoing ALL models and animations for MSFS, almost entirely from scratch, because for GSX it's worth it.

And, for this exact reason, we won't like to publish any images/videos unless we remodeled everything and not a single piece of the old graphic is in there.

This because, in the current age of social media, uninformed comments and 10-seconds attention span, I'm fairly sure if we showed something containing existing models/animations/textures, people will complain "it's still a P3D port" or "they still have the OMSI granny", or something like that.

Nimic:
Honestly, speaking on behalf of many simmers, we would be happy to see some progress. When you showed the push-back tug animation more than 1 year ago, I think that even the more demanding customer would have assumed that the MSFS version of GSX represent a huge step forward, with a complete usage of technologies and graphics enhancements that MSFS can provide.

swaluver88:
Im honestly have to agree with Umberto on this one,

If i was a developer and was redoing a whole product, i wouldnt want to show the old models and textures of it.

PMDG hasnt showed any of their MSFS projects other than the NG3 because theyve done the mapping and retexturing, etc. RSR would never show a product unless its ready to be shown. Its the same situation here FSDT isnt ready to show GSX because of remodeling and texturing, but they are keeping you inform how it is coming along. hopefully by end of march or beginning of summer we get previews or even a release of gsx because I myself personally cant stand the default ground services.

Kai-Uwe:
"because I myself personally cant stand the default ground services."

Of course you are totally right, but: default in MSFS is much much better then it was in other flightsims we have. So waiting for GSX is not so painful as it was in former times where shift+p the only method you had.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version