Author Topic: Crew deboarding.  (Read 2677 times)

bcm652

Crew deboarding.
« on: July 21, 2020, 01:31:24 am »
My favourite aircraft is the Lear 45, When I land at a small connecting airport and call for deboarding, a small bus arrives for the passengers and another bus arrives for the crew. After the passengers deboard, then four flight attendants and two pilots deboard.
First question, why four flight attendants for a Lear jet. And when will the option for deboarding the crew or not, be available.
Just asking.
Win 10, MFSX-SE.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crew deboarding.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 11:28:45 pm »
First question, why four flight attendants for a Lear jet.

There are always 4 crew members if the plane is not cargo, otherwise it's 1.

And when will the option for deboarding the crew or not, be available.

The option has been there for a while, but it's only accessible to airplane developers, because several popular airplane products already have their own internal simulation of crew boarding (or not ) and their number, and we didn't want to have another possibly conflicting option in GSX that might confuse users and force them to insert something the airplane might already have calculated on its own.

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 11:57:48 pm »
The option has been there for a while, but it's only accessible to airplane developers, because several popular airplane products already have their own internal simulation of crew boarding (or not ) and their number, and we didn't want to have another possibly conflicting option in GSX that might confuse users and force them to insert something the airplane might already have calculated on its own.

Okay, so I'm going to assume that MFSX doesn't have that option for it's default aircraft, at least not in their CFG files. Would it be possible to add that option to GSX and labeled in GSX for ''MFSX ONLY'' in order to avoid the confusion you speak off.
Secondly, what other airplane products have this option and maybe it would be worthwhile checking it out.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:02:03 am by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 07:05:52 pm »
Secondly, what other airplane products have this option and maybe it would be worthwhile checking it out.

I think both FS Labs and Aerosoft are using it, but there might be others, the way to do that is fully documented in GSX, so it's possible other developers used it.

DMdoc

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 07:55:22 pm »
I, too, fly smaller business/commuter aircraft, and 4 flight crew (all female, though that's a different story) as well as two pilots has always seemed a bit much.
However, by ticking the box for cargo aircraft, I can change the personnel on-board to 2 pilots plus one "observer" (a passenger who's wearing a safety vest and carrying a clipboard). There's no flight crew except the pilots, and no opportunity to change the number of "passengers" (the solitary observer is always there...) The baggage loading/unloading seems unaffected by this change. So, in my simulated world, the plane is on a non-revenue flight, and being checked out by the observer. Works for me.

bcm652

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 11:16:21 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.
But, it would be better if you could choose not to have  the crew deboard, so I guess you have to stretch your imagination and think all six crew members have to use the wash room at the same time.