Author Topic: New GSX user, P3D avantages over FSX  (Read 2177 times)

Dkentflyer

New GSX user, P3D avantages over FSX
« on: July 21, 2020, 11:10:12 am »
Hi Guys

I am pretty late to the party as far as GSX is concerned. I have both GSX Level 1 and Level 2 and tried it out a couple of times with FSX, it came up with a strange writtng to memory error so i just left it alone ( probably an error on my part). In addition to FSX I now have P3D v 4.5 and would like to try it out again. I gather that as P3D is a 64bit sim I wont have to worry about OOM errors.

I was pretty impressed with the options available in FSX to be honest, are there any additional ones for P3D.  Is it possible to add your own voices for the announcements?

kind regards

Daz

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: New GSX user, P3D avantages over FSX
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 11:39:15 am »
Aside from P3D V4 being a 64-bit simulator, there's PBR, which wasn't possible in FSX. As far as I know, Render To Texture is only available in P3D and not FSX, so you have a much easier way of customizing the logos of the ground handling and catering companies if you decided to create your own.
Captain Kevin

Dkentflyer

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 10:07:44 am »
Thanks for the input, I will definitely give it a try out. I am still finding my way with P3D But i do like the idea of desiging my own logos for my virtual fleet  :)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 12:38:35 pm »
Back when FSX was the norm and GSX had its own paint kit available, you could have still done that even then, but because of the way the texture layout was structured, it was a lot more work to do it, but it could be done. Basically, each vehicle had to have its own logo in FSX, whereas with the Render To Texture feature in P3D, you only need one for the ground handling equipment and one for the catering trucks. And, you don't have to add anything to the configuration file of each vehicle as you had to do in FSX.
Captain Kevin