Author Topic: Use the GSX Menu without the keyboard  (Read 1977 times)

nashbunt

Use the GSX Menu without the keyboard
« on: July 16, 2020, 09:22:56 pm »
Hi guys
Im new in this, so forgive me if Im repeating any question.
The thing is I have the Spad.next with FSX so Im kind of able to assign a combination of keys to activate a function from one of the buttons, switch or level of my saitek devices.
Well, if I open the GSX Menu from Ctrl+Shift+F12 and then I choose an option, lets say the (th option by pressing the Number 9 that is over the letters in the keyboard, the option proceeds so then I enter the new menu.
But when I use a button, assigned with the Ctrl+Shift+F12, the menu opens but if I press the same number 9, it doesnt respond to any input.
This was my solution for not using the keyborad, as it wasnt so real that way, and also because is kind of complicated, as me having all the saitek devices, having to use also the keyboard.
But I dont know if there is any other way to bypass the using of the keybord and for example, use a voice command or something else.
thank you guys so much and I realy appreciate your help.
best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Use the GSX Menu without the keyboard
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 09:50:38 am »
But when I use a button, assigned with the Ctrl+Shift+F12, the menu opens but if I press the same number 9, it doesnt respond to any input.

From the look of it, it seems your application is not setting the correct window in focus, perhaps is still focused on itself after sending a keyboard macro, so the sim is not processing it. Nothing we can do from GSX to change this.

I have an HP laptop with 6 programmable keys, so I assigned P1 to be Ctrl+Shift+F12 using the default HP software, and number keys works normally after pressing it. This just to point out it's only a matter of which external software is used.