Author Topic: GSX stopped working at EGLL  (Read 2274 times)

bwbriscoe

GSX stopped working at EGLL
« on: July 15, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »
Hi,

I am running P3D5 with SimWings London Heathrow.

It's been working fine since release, however this morning attempting to run GSX at EGLL and I get the following error message:

System error while accessing file C:\P3D5 Addons\Sim-wings London Heathrow Professional V5\Scenery\EGLL_ADEV5-OP01.bgl: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\P3D5 Addons\Sim-wings London Heathrow Professional V5\Scenery\EGLL_ADEV5-OP01.bgl" (system 2)

Could anyone help with how I can fix this? Screenshot is here https://imgur.com/OwO1FPc

Many thanks

B

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX stopped working at EGLL
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 10:54:02 am »
This has been discussed and answered so many times on the forum: when 3rd party sceneries have multiple alternate AFCAD that can be chosen by an external configurator, depending HOW they are switched ( copy a new file, compared to "just" renaming it ), the change might not be automatically detected by GSX, because for obvious performance reasons it doesn't scan ALL the files, one by one, at each start, but it only checks the last modification time of the file parent folder, which is way quicker, but it cannot always detect all possible file changes.

The solution to this, is to force the airport cache rebuild with the relevant option in the Couatl settings menu ( "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" )

bwbriscoe

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 01:50:28 am »
I really apologise but I have no understanding of anything that you've just said...

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 03:28:25 am »
I really apologise but I have no understanding of anything that you've just said...
Last line in his post is what you need to do to solve your issue. When you load the simulator, go into the Couatl menu and select the aforementioned option.
Captain Kevin

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 05:55:08 pm »
But none of my P3Dv5 menu items had a couatl menu option, until after reinstalling GSX level 2. :(