Author Topic: Passengers changing during flight  (Read 1989 times)

qqwertz

Passengers changing during flight
« on: July 04, 2020, 11:49:41 pm »
This is a minor issue, but still a bit weird. I tend to use GSX with small airplanes (less than 10 passengers). I noticed that the passengers who deboard are different from those who board the plane. On a recent flight, I had three old man and one old woman changing into 2 old man and two young women. It would be nice if the same passengers would leave the plane as those who board it.

Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers changing during flight
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 10:39:40 pm »
Not possible right now.

Might be possible if in the future, we might allow passengers to stay in the cabin. But before we'll do this, we must be sure it can be done safely, without crashing because of too much VRAM used.

qqwertz

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 11:30:35 pm »
Hello Umberto,

thanks for considering my proposal. I actually had something much more humble in mind: the passengers don't need to remain in the airplane. However, GSX could keep track on which passenger figures have boarded and then, during deboarding, use the same figures. You probably have a number assigned to each figure (say, 1=old man, 2= old woman, 3=boy, ..) and then randomly select them during boarding (say, 1,1,3,2). GSX could save that information and then use 1,1,3,2 (or a permutation of it) during deboarding.

Best regards,
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 11:51:19 pm »
You probably have a number assigned to each figure

Of course we could do that, how else we could, should we eventually have people remain on the airplane ? My point was, until we do that, it's probably a wasted effort for something nobody will notice. If they stayed on the airplane, it would be an entirely different matter, they MUST be the same.