Author Topic: It's time to develop and release new functions  (Read 2102 times)

alexvs

It's time to develop and release new functions
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:36:34 pm »
For years and years (from 2012) new funtions like levatory, cleaning vans, water trucks, firetrucks or other vans from the companies, are requested. Until now, no sign of them. My question is why not. And if they are planned, when wil they be available. GSX doesn't develop enough new functions for the customers. In time of Corona, it's time to give us what is promised.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: It's time to develop and release new functions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 09:54:09 pm »
For starters, development work isn't as easy as you think it is, and they also need to sort out render to texture for P3D V5 since that's not currently functional at this time. Between trying to catch up with developing platforms and sorting out issues there, it can be pretty difficult for them to keep up. Not really sure what the Corona virus has to do with anything, either, I'm still out here working.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 07:02:25 pm »
GSX doesn't develop enough new functions for the customers.

Here's a link of all the updates history:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

The list is many pages log, and even removing all bugfixes, the list of NEW features is HUGE, and these were all FREE updates. Your 2012 reference made exactly my point: how many other software products have offered a continuous and uninterrupted flow of constant updates for 8 years, without ever requiring a new payment ?

alexvs

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 07:21:38 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

You pick one sentence, and give me an answer I'm not asking for. But, you are right, the features list is huge and free (not quite, because GSX2 you did have to pay for). But I'm not picky. I'm a sattisfied customer.

Can you give an answer to my real question in my post? Why promiss us customers from 2012 to release fire fighters, cleaning van, lavatory and watertrucks and now it's 2020 and nothing has been seen from the features until now? My simple question therefore is, is there any moment in the near future a developer in your team assigned to incorparate these nice feauters in GSX2? What's the timeline? Is there a list of wishes with expected release dates? As a satisfied customer, I only want to know what to expect, and importantly, when.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:19:57 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 10:20:05 pm »
(not quite, because GSX2 you did have to pay for).

The list is STILL huge, even if you remove the L2-only features.

Why promiss us customers from 2012 to release fire fighters, cleaning van, lavatory and watertrucks

For the obvious reason that we DO listen to customers and, during those years, we realized what people wanted more were:

- Better Pushback features

- Better support for many advanced 3rd party airplanes

- Animated passengers

- Better graphic. When we released the FREE PBR UPDATE, we remodeled almost *all* models and textures from scratch.

- Better jetways, with AI support

And ALL of these arrived, of course. So, plans keep changing depending on what users ask more. In the meantime, new simulators comes out, and we allowed to use those old GSX you bought in 2012, with FSX:SE, P3D V1, V2, V3, V4 AND V5, all on the sim RELEASE DAY, all for FREE.

What's the timeline? Is there a list of wishes with expected release dates? As a satisfied customer, I only want to know what to expect, and importantly, when.

We don't have a timeline, neither we have release dates to communicate right. Features will keep coming, as they did for the past 8 years, and we don't have any plans to stop. And in the next years, new sim will come, new 3rd party airplanes will come, new ways to interact with them will come too, both for new planes and for existing ones.