Author Topic: Aeroplane Heaven DC-3  (Read 2301 times)

triflyman

Aeroplane Heaven DC-3
« on: June 28, 2020, 03:40:04 am »
Hi All,

Any ideas of how to configure GSX so it recognizes the different door arrangements on this aircraft?  As far as I can tell GSX treats them all the same even though different liveries have doors in different places.

Thanks for any help.

Garry
Garry

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Aeroplane Heaven DC-3
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 07:49:20 am »
You would have to edit the door configuration for every single livery.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 09:26:07 am »
GSX treats all airplanes sharing the same aircraft.cfg as one. This is precisely to prevent having to customize every single livery when nothing except the livery changes. This because the most common case of a multi-livery aircraft is like this:

A root folder in Simbojects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME containing the aircraft.cfg file, which is shared by multiple liveries, which are made by having multiple [Fltsim.XX] sections in the aircraft.cfg, so they all share the same configuration, except for the livery. This is the more common case.

If multiple liveries are made by having multiple root folders, each one with its own separate aircraft.cfg, like this:

Simbobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME_LIVERY1
Simbobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME_LIVERY2
Simbobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME_LIVERY3

GSX treats them as different models because, it's assumed if they don't share an aircraft.cfg, they ARE different. Sometimes the difference might not be enough for GSX to matter, like different engine brand placed at the same position, or variations like winglets/sharklets, etc. but usually if the aircraft.cfg is different, it's because of changes that DO matter to GSX, like cargo variations with an entirely different doors arrangement.

That's why GSX treats airplanes with separate aircraft.cfg file as different versions, which must be configured separately.

Usually in these cases, since many parameters might be similar, what I usually do is to edit one model first and, when it's done, I create a new folder for the other variation in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes that MUST have exactly the same name of the root folder in the Simbobjects\Airplanes, and I copy the GSX.CFG file from the folder that I edited for the first variation. Then I load the variation, check GSX is reading the new copied config, and I'll eventually edit the differences, which is faster than redoing everything from scratch.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:30:25 am by virtuali »

triflyman

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 03:34:38 am »
Thanks Virtuali...thought it might be something like that.  I'll make the change.

Garry
Garry

triflyman

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 09:05:54 pm »
Okay...did as instructed and everything worked perfectly and was very easy to do.  However (and there is always a "However") I can't get the crew nor passengers animation.  I'm using the American Airlines livery, which has a right hand rear door (I'm sure there will be several other airlines with this right hand door when AH's livery pack is released).  I got the ramp to pull up to the right side of the aircraft, had to reverse and offset the guides in the 3D Editor (see screen shot attached).  Crew & Passenger Bus still pulls up to left side of aircraft, doors open but nobody comes out...than after a little time I get the message that the boarding has completed.

I understand this may be that GSX can't deal with a right hand door... but if there is a way to make this work sure would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Garry
Garry

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 01:26:17 am »
Just to verify, are you using GSX Level 2 or not. You do need to have GSX Level 2 to get the animated passengers, and it's not clear whether you have it or not.
Captain Kevin

triflyman

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 03:23:32 am »
Just to verify, are you using GSX Level 2 or not. You do need to have GSX Level 2 to get the animated passengers, and it's not clear whether you have it or not.

Yes...using level 2.

Garry
Garry