Author Topic: Idiom  (Read 2022 times)

cavaricooper

Idiom
« on: July 04, 2020, 12:35:47 am »
Umberto-

Whilst I love the regional accents within GFO, it would be great if the English speaking world said, "Waiting for confirmation of good engine starts" instead of the current "Waiting your confirmation for good engine start."  It sounds Tyrolean (actually, very Germanic) :)

I see the many postings you deal with each day, and always marvel at your dedication and unwavering support.  Much appreciated.

Stay healthy and safe- Carl
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:31:20 pm by cavaricooper »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Idiom
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 10:59:04 pm »
Noticed. Just to be clear, it's the wording, not the accent ?

Airmaz1

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 11:30:40 pm »
Speaking of Germanic, i want the old german accent back, loved its over the top stereotype accent.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 11:48:53 pm »
Speaking of Germanic, i want the old german accent back, loved its over the top stereotype accent.

The old german accent was made with text-to-speech software, but users complained about being "robotic", so we replaced with a real person, which is a native speaker from Zurich.

Yes, there's a whole lot of things that can be said about Swiss-german being different, but this is not really the place, isn't ?

cavaricooper

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 01:42:29 pm »
Noticed. Just to be clear, it's the wording, not the accent ?

Ja!

;)

As far as your regional accents, perhaps a request for unpaid immortality here would produce many volunteers, who would record authentic accent scripts for you. That way I could get an authentic accent at each end of the world....?

C
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 01:46:40 pm by cavaricooper »