Author Topic: GSX Latest Update Pushback Crash with NGXu [Solved]  (Read 2799 times)

light_blue_yonder

GSX Latest Update Pushback Crash with NGXu [Solved]
« on: June 28, 2020, 06:49:29 am »
*Problem solved, simply update to the latest version using Couatl live update. No other actions are required.*

Hello everyone,
I recently updated GSX using the live updater to the latest version and used it with the NGXu. After the aircraft comes to a stop in the pushback process, Couatl crashes completely with the GSX and Couatl menus disappearing from the top menu bar. The point of crashing happens right before the "set parking brake" is suppose to happen. This happens at all positions, all airports, with the NGXu. The 777X works fine.
I re-installed GSX by downloading the installer from FSDT's website, and manually deleted all Virtuali and Addon Manager folders when uninstalling. The problem remains. NGXu is also up to date.
Thank you for the help!

Update: Pushback also works flawlessly with FSLabs A320 from the same position that crashes in the NGXu. This is true with or without the "confirm good engine start."
The sim does not crash, only GSX and Couatl. The aircraft also doesn't move forward with any amount of thrust.
Update 2: I'm unable to find a log anywhere, and the crash comes with no error messages. I do have Addon manager installed in a different drive than the sim itself, but the path is specified from the installer, not manually copied afterward.
Update 3: I'm tempted to re-install NGXu at this point. But I also don't see how a FSDT update can corrupt the aircraft itself. My hunch is still on a file that switches the NGXu out of "pushback mode" to "normal mode."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:31:44 am by light_blue_yonder »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Latest Update Pushback Crash with NGXu
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 09:32:56 am »
Thanks for the report, it's now Fixed by running the FSDT Live Update again. This should have fixed the cockpit vibrations during pushback for the 737 NGXu as well.

littlebula80

Re: GSX Latest Update Pushback Crash with NGXu
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 11:54:49 pm »
I was having these same problems yesterday and downloaded the update, and problem solved.  Thank you!

light_blue_yonder

Re: GSX Latest Update Pushback Crash with NGXu [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 04:30:37 am »
The problem is confirmed solved. Tested at 112 positions in 8 different airports, including positions that previously caused crashes. Thank you for the speedy update!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 08:16:06 am »
Tested at 112 positions in 8 different airports
Wow. How much time did you have that you could test it at 112 different positions. More to the point, how did you manage to keep track of all of them. You must have really good memory.
Captain Kevin

pete_auau

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 08:18:04 am »
Tested at 112 positions in 8 different airports
Wow. How much time did you have that you could test it at 112 different positions. More to the point, how did you manage to keep track of all of them. You must have really good memory.

Yep its  called  pen  and  paper memory :)