Author Topic: Logo on Catering trucks in p3dv5  (Read 2214 times)

Frank Lindberg

Logo on Catering trucks in p3dv5
« on: June 24, 2020, 10:32:31 pm »
Hi,

Maybe I've missed it... please forgive me ::) But when can we except Catering trucks with Logos in p3dv5?   
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Logo on Catering trucks in p3dv5
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 10:55:03 pm »
The hotfix just got released not too long ago, so I would assume there would need to be some testing done and what not.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 01:52:32 pm »
Maybe I've missed it... please forgive me ::) But when can we except Catering trucks with Logos in p3dv5?

We don't have a firm release date yet. The HF2 has just been released, which means we might start working on it right now, but it's still possible we might find issues along the way, that's why we cannot possibly say right now when it will be released.

The problem is, DX12 is VERY complex, and we are still trying to figure it out, and I'm sure you have seen how easy it can be to cause crashes, because now everything related to usage of VRAM is entirely in the hands of the developer. Main problem is, RTT textures require extra VRAM, which is already a very precious feature and other products use it as well, like Reallights or Trueglass, so we don't want to end up in a situation in which you'll install an RTT-enabled GSX which would cause you a DXGI crash, because you were already close to VRAM exhaustion.

That's why we completely disabled every DX code in the V5 version of the Addon Manager, which is a separate .DLL without any traces of DX code, so nobody can accuse us of causing video card crashes. Better safe than sorry in this case, so we'll take some time to test it and do it right.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 01:58:45 pm »
OK thanks for that info :-)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1