Author Topic: Imagnesim WSSS Airport Addon - Jetway Do not Animate  (Read 9143 times)

ctruong1803

Re: Imagnesim WSSS Airport Addon - Jetway Do not Animate
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 05:07:32 am »
 I would just focus on that Gate F40 is still a gate and a valid parking spot to use.  In the real world, there is really no such thing as a small, medium, heavy gate or Mil Cargo etc . The type of parking spot that it is in the sim has very little relevance to anything.

Hi Dave,

So, did you use the SODE's method to get the jetways working, TAB+S (I believe), for this add-on?
Or did you exclude the jetway and customised your own jetway?

Cheers,
Chris Truong.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 05:09:21 am by ctruong1803 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 11:19:12 am »

The other thing I have also discovered with Imagnesim WSSS Airport Addon is that the product changes the gate's type.
For example Prepar3D default gate type for Gate F40 is 'Heavy' at WSSS.
After installing the addon, the had changed all gates to '‘RAMP MIL Cargo’.

I had advised the Imagine's developer team that 'airport addons should not change the gate’s type'.

There is a reason for that, and it's to prevent the simulator to create its own default ground vehicles, which might interfere with the custom vehicles of the scenery, and generally have a bad fps impact.

Maybe changing them all to MIL Cargo might not a very good idea, we used this method in the past too, but usually used "GA" for non-Cargo gates but that's basically only a label, it doesn't really have any effect on the sim. AI, for example, ignore it, and rely mostly on parking size and airline codes.

However, this MIGHT be a minor annoyance in GSX, because GSX DOES use the parking type, specifically the Cargo/Non-Cargo specification, to choose the operator, so you'll only get Cargo operators at a Cargo parking spots, and non-Cargo operators at non-Cargo parking spots.

That's why you ( or a scenery developer that supplies the airport with a GSX profile ) CAN override the parking type in the customization page. This will only affect GSX, so it won't be confused by placing ( for example ) a FedEx ground vehicle "just" because the parking was set as Cargo to get rid of the default ground traffic.

ctruong1803

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 05:16:10 am »

That's why you ( or a scenery developer that supplies the airport with a GSX profile ) CAN override the parking type in the customization page. This will only affect GSX, so it won't be confused by placing ( for example ) a FedEx ground vehicle "just" because the parking was set as Cargo to get rid of the default ground traffic.

Hi ,

Does this mean that I might need to create exclusion radius and add GSX-based jetways?

Regards,
Chris Truong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2020, 09:39:18 am »
Does this mean that I might need to create exclusion radius and add GSX-based jetways?

Jetways exclusion radius don't have anything to do with my previous reply, which was about being able to override the parking TYPE ( "Cargo", "GA", etc. ) in GSX, in order to prevent wrong operators to appear, because GSX was reading the scenery AFCAD that used the trick of setting the parking type to "Mil Cargo", in order to stop generation of default ground vehicles there.

You create a jetway exclusion radius if you want to exclude standard ( CTRL+J ) jetway using a custom model in a 3rd party scenery, because if you want to replace them with GSX L2 types.

ctruong1803

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 02:29:34 am »

Jetways exclusion radius don't have anything to do with my previous reply, which was about being able to override the parking TYPE ( "Cargo", "GA", etc. ) in GSX, in order to prevent wrong operators to appear, because GSX was reading the scenery AFCAD that used the trick of setting the parking type to "Mil Cargo", in order to stop generation of default ground vehicles there.

You create a jetway exclusion radius if you want to exclude standard ( CTRL+J ) jetway using a custom model in a 3rd party scenery, because if you want to replace them with GSX L2 types.

Hi ,

If I can get the SODE's jetways to work (TAB+S), and uses GSX's boarding/deboarding function, will the GSX's boardingdeboarding and loading/unloading baggage process work?

Regards,
Chris Truong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 10:21:16 am »
If I can get the SODE's jetways to work (TAB+S), and uses GSX's boarding/deboarding function, will the GSX's boardingdeboarding and loading/unloading baggage process work?

Yes, non-GSX SODE jetway works almost the same as GSX jetways.