Products Support > Memphis KMEM Support FSX/P3D

reinstallment failed totally

(1/5) > >>

Claus:
In 2016 I had bought and installed KMEM, KLAX, KLAS, KDFW, KJFK, CYVR and GSX. The reg-Keys are and have been in the respective subfolder of "user". The invoices I have at hand. One of the several invoices has the number STxxxxxxxx

A few days ago I had to uninstall and reinstall FSX at the very same place. Then I tried to reinstall the a.o. sceneries, but failed. The installers never found FSX automatically, I had to install manually. But I only can see the passenger bridges. And  there is no addon manager at all in the addons menue. All the reg-Keys are at the same place, they haven't been moved ever.

So, what can I do now?

Regards
Claus

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Claus on June 22, 2020, 12:56:39 pm ---The installers never found FSX automatically, I had to install manually.
--- End quote ---

This already indicates a problem, which of course doesn't have antyhing to do with our product, activation or antyhing like that. Assuming you are using the CURRENT version of the installers ( if not, download them all ), the installer SHOULD find FSX and if it doesn't, it's no use continuing because, if the installer couldn't find FSX, it 100% sure nothing will work there.

You cannot just "reinstall in place" FSX. You MUST Uninstall it and reinstall it, because the FSX uninstaller MUST clear some registry keys and the installer MUST restore them correctly and, especially in case of FSX:Steam, they *change* depending if you had the ORIGINAL FSX still installed ( or not ) when you originally installed, which might not be the same as when reinstalling FSX:SE without the original FSX anymore.

Many users do the mistake of

- installing FSX:SE *together* with FSX, which will configure FSX:SE in "side-by-side" mode, with entirely different registry keys

- remove the original FSX later on, but keep FSX:SE installer as it were. Worse possible case, they remove FSX by hand.

- reinstalling FSX:SE again.

This will 100% result in a big mess. Could be you did something similar ?

Claus:
Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately no such mistakes were done.

I never have had a FSX Steam-Edition.
I removed FSX by using the official uninstall program on FSX DVD # 1
I then reinstalled it with those two FSX-DVDs.
I used all the installers from your website. They all asked me to disclose the path to FSX on harddrive "E", what I did.
I double-klicked the Reg-Keys, stored in harddrive "C"/user/"my name". I was told, now the keys were restored to the registry successfully...

...and I ended up with just your passenger bridges hanging around on empty airfields.

Today I repeated the whole procedures one more time, i.e. FSX completely deinstalled and then reinstalled, FSUIPC reinstalled, all the installers used, downloaded fresh from your website. The difference comparing to the previous installation indeed is, that this time the installers found the path to FSX automatically (didn't ask me for that) and they all declared in the end, that all the airports and GSX now were installed properly.

But that isn't the case, I am still seeing passenger bridges and nothing else - just as if I haven't paid your invoices.. And FSX's add-on dropdown menue showing FSUIPC only, not your Addon Manager.

I need your help, sir...

Regards
Claus

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Claus on June 25, 2020, 05:11:53 pm ---I used all the installers from your website. They all asked me to disclose the path to FSX on harddrive "E", what I did.
I double-klicked the Reg-Keys, stored in harddrive "C"/user/"my name". I was told, now the keys were restored to the registry successfully...
--- End quote ---

You mean you used very OLD installers from our website ?

--- Quote ---Today I repeated the whole procedures one more time, i.e. FSX completely deinstalled and then reinstalled, FSUIPC reinstalled, all the installers used, downloaded fresh from your website. The difference comparing to the previous installation indeed is, that this time the installers found the path to FSX automatically (didn't ask me for that) and they all declared in the end, that all the airports and GSX now were installed properly.
--- End quote ---

I was sure the newest installers worked, since they are generally more resilient to problems with the FSX install and their registry, which changed on more recent OS version.

--- Quote ---But that isn't the case, I am still seeing passenger bridges and nothing else - just as if I haven't paid your invoices.
--- End quote ---

That's not the case. You are confusing Trial with "software not loaded". When you are in Trial, everything will work in full, just for 5-6 minutes at time. THIS is Trial mode. If you don't see anything, it's not Trial mode, it's "software not loaded"

--- Quote ---And FSX's add-on dropdown menue showing FSUIPC only, not your Addon Manager.
--- End quote ---

That's the problem. The software hasn't loaded.

If you absolutely sure your antivirus is properly configured, and your firewall is not blocking the download, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Even if the title says P3D4, the solutions are valid for FSX as well.

Claus:
Short question in between: Where should the Addon-Manager folder be stored, besides FSX folder or inside FSX folder? In my case it is located at the same level that FSX has, so outside FSX. And all installers forced me to store the airports software inside the Addon-Manager (and so outside FSX). Other options were greyed out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version