Author Topic: When tanker turns up, it usually takes ages to start  (Read 2584 times)

garymccl

When tanker turns up, it usually takes ages to start
« on: June 20, 2020, 04:41:46 pm »
What is in the subject is pretty much everything; when the tanker turns up, it usually takes a long time before it starts to fill the tank, even after it links up with the tank.

Can you help getting it to start loading as soon as it's there?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: When tanker turns up, it usually takes ages to start
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 02:53:19 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean with "ages to start" or "long time".

When the tanker arrives, it will take the time to play the animation of the platform going up, the guy raising the fuel hoses to get in contact with the airplane wing, and then the refill will start, but it shouldn't take very long.

garymccl

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 05:25:50 pm »
If I tell the aircraft (to load up), it starts up straight away. If I tell your tanker to fill it, even when it gets there it takes a good few minutes to start a fuelling.  What can I press to tell your tanker to start, or can you make it do it automatically straight away without the slow-down.

This is a problem after your tanker arrives - it plugs into the plane and waits about 10 minutes before fuelling it.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 08:48:14 pm »
This is a problem after your tanker arrives - it plugs into the plane and waits about 10 minutes before fuelling it.
What airplane are you using, and what steps are you taking to get the fuel loaded. I haven't had any issues with it, although I've only used it with the PMDG Boeing 747 series. With that one, once the fuel hoses are hooked up, it's waiting for me to enter in the fuel quantity in the FMC, and then it'll start refueling.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 11:07:41 am »

Problem is, it doesn't do that. As I've said, apart from the initial animation, which shouldn't take more than 10-20 seconds, the refueling will start immediately.

I suggest to read carefully the manual when refueling is discussed. The method to refuel an airplane that is flagged to use the default Fuel page is completely different from an airplane that is not flagged as that, because it uses its own refueling system.

garymccl

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 06:07:21 pm »
thanks

Gaz